Some stuff

Where is the best place to search for a crucible?

Jewelry Stores may spawn them, as well as some Gun Stores. Honestly though, if you’re at the point of metalworking it’s probably easier to make one. If you have a screwdriver and 2-3 mechanics you can get remove a door from a vehicle for a steel frame. The sheet metal can come from disassembling/smashing ovens (disassembling takes longer, but yields more components including the all important heating element). To make a crucible you will need a forge. I’d assume you already have one since you need a crucible, but I’ve learned not to assume anything.

The forge come in electric and charcoal flavors (plus a Can Forge if you use Noctifer’s Cataclysm++ Mod), and the electric one may spawn in a gun/jewelry store as well. A forge can be made with high enough skill (I believe they require 3-4 fabrication, or maybe electronics for the electric one, but I’m not sure about that), but they also require most of the tools to make. If you don’t have those, then your best chance is to find a forge, but a crucible is easier (and often shorter) to make. Make no mistake, it does require upwards of 4 hours, like most metalworking recipes, but that’s generally less time than you’ll spend looking for one.

I dont have the option to craft it, its not in the crafting menu (I have 8 mec. and 10 fab.). Do I need to find a specific book where it is or am I being blind?
I found it. I dunno where it was then, but now its here. I guess Im just blind.

To point out, I once found three electric forges and one crucible in a single garage place. Those are really good if you need the tools for building either also. Hardware stores sometimes have the right items as well, but a garage is usually better.

[quote=“RedEyeKain, post:3, topic:13468”]I dont have the option to craft it, its not in the crafting menu (I have 8 mec. and 10 fab.). Do I need to find a specific book where it is or am I being blind?
I found it. I dunno where it was then, but now its here. I guess Im just blind.[/quote]

Yeah, I forgot about that part, sorry. Usually by the time I get to metalworking I already have the books necessary so I tend to forget that the recipes are part of the books. The recipe for the crucible should be in most of the advanced fabrication books. Studies In Historic Armorsmithing, The Historic Weaponsmith, The Swords of the Samurai, and The Art of Japanese Armormaking are examples of advanced Fabrication Skillbooks. I can’t say for certain that all of them do have the crucible recipe though, and it’s not impossible that it might have been temporarily removed for some reason.

If you have not memorised the recipe (the textlog will tell you in green text after a successful craft if you managed to) then you must be near the book that contains a recipe to be able to make it. I’m not sure how close “near” is, though. Generally I keep all of my books right next to my tools and components piles so that isn’t a problem.