Some small bugs

version 4509

[ul][li]Crafting use up wore clothes when there are same kind of clothes in the inventory. It should use up wore clothes as last resort or not at all.[/li]
[li]There would be good to see a “wait until fully rested” option.[/li]
[li]At the start, skills should be at 25%+ to the next level. It is annoying they are decreasing by one point soon after the start.[/li]
[li]Non-zombies should not step on wreckage - it’s hurts them -, only if there is no other way.[/li]
[li]Maybe shocker zombie special attack should blow up explosible things?[/li][/ul]

version 4546

[ul][li]Compare items (‘I’ key), display the name of the both items on the left window.[/li]
[li]Even 1 thread or 1 pill has a volume of 1. It is very annoying.[/li]
[li]Following npcs don’t help against hostile npcs. An hostile npc beat me to death with a crowbar, while my gun-toting friends just chilling next to us.[/li]
[li]Asthma is non-lethal, it’s effect duration is 50 * rng( 1, 4 ), but it is lethal above 1200… (player.cpp)[/li][/ul]

Funny messages:
“You have an asthma attack!
You feel good. Healthy living does seem to have some rewards.
You wake up.
You can’t breathe… asthma attack!”

“The zombie lunges at the milspec turret, but they dodge!”

Even 1 thread or 1 pill has a volume of 1.

Intended. It is an improvement over the old system which allowed carrying tons of stuff as long as you took a single charge out (for example, only carried bacon in bags of 7, batteries in stacks of 99, meat jerky in bags of 2 etc.).

Asthma is non-lethal, it's effect duration is 50 * rng( 1, 4 ), but it is lethal above 1200... (player.cpp)

It stacks. It only becomes lethal when it stacks enough.

I abused that system just like everyone :slight_smile: , but this is worse because this force me to carry only few small things, because they take up alot of volume. I don’t want to carry 100 aspirin pills, i want to carry like ten different kind of drugs, but now i can’t. Maybe volume should be a non-integer number just like the weight.

I see, i just never saw asthma attacks so frequently they could stack… at night, when the inhaler is not used automatically. I will put down the inhaler for a while just to see it. :slight_smile:

Let’s say some player did decide to cheese the system and carry around 95% of everything they could do up that way just to carry more - why care? It’s a single player game. It never occurred to me to do such a thing, nor would I piddle around with that nonsense to exploit the system. Changing how it works would seem to have far more (negative) impact on more players than the zero impact of someone trying to exploit this.

Seems just as wonky the other way now. You could be carrying a bag (negligible) with 1/100 jerky in it and it has full volume of 100. A near empty BAG of something doesn’t take up the volume of a full bag unless you fill it with air or something. Seems to me there’s a choice here, round to favor the player, or round to screw the player (although if it’s all or nothing it doesn’t seem to be rounding at all and is doing a floor/ceil type of thing instead - if it was actually rounding the “benefit” would sometimes go to the player and sometimes not and would seem to somewhat balance out).

If someone wrote a system for minor options that allowed tweaking tiny things like this, then PR’d the code on github, it would probably be accepted (assuming it wasn’t written badly). Then round volume up vs. round volume down could be one of those minor options.

I can suggest a solution to the problem, but it requires a bit of mucking up with containers:
Make pills only be carriable in fixed-size rigid containers and set each container’s space to 20 pills. Now, i can have 20 aspirin pills withing my vol 1 container, or just have 5 antibiotics, 5 vitamins, 10 aspirins…

Same with bags: if bags can take up to 5 of a thing, but i can have different things in them at the same time and the bag is VARSIZE, problem solved (minus the overhead for inv management)

I can suggest a solution to the problem, but it requires a bit of mucking up with containers:

Yeah, I’ve got one, too.
Mind you, it’s quite similar to yours.

It dabbles with expendable items that are stacked in regard of whatever rarity flag is assigned. They’re essentially the same - aspirins, coke bumps, pieces of wire or pebbles; they just come in quantities according to the consumption scale, or price otherwise. This system, however, minds the gap called extensive hoarding and looks similar to some of well-known RPG solutions. Still, it sticks to CataDDA’s universal-type inventory, attempting to enhance it.

If you wear any clothes that has sleeves, small pockets or nets or even just a tube shape (tank-top) you can make use of 'em to free your hands and do manual labor, likewise intended in RL games. It’s essential that this quantity is unobstructive - some bubblegum, metal scraps/wire or a few Xanax pills. I’d put that bar reasonably low - at only a single volume unit - but this really is up to discussion.
Visually, in both tabletop and computer RPG games, there are dedicated spots for stacks of items alike. Regardless of the terms they’re being used to, they count as ammo and are treated as such. Sometimes there are six of these places, sometimes even ten; what’s important is that you can actually carry more, but at the expense of inventory space. RPG adventures even use automatism to resolve what’s going on if you pick up more items of the type which is already stashed as an ammo type, so the player can focus on what’s really important.

I think the “stash” should be assigned an inventory letter (or a number, punctuation…) as long as it is accessible via the inventory menu. As soon as you’ve got anything put on either your torso, arms or your legs - you’ve got access to that inventory letter. It shouldn’t be difficult to code in, however.

[quote=“vultures, post:7, topic:11579”]

Yeah, I’ve got one, too.
Mind you, it’s quite similar to yours.

It dabbles with expendable items that are stacked in regard of whatever rarity flag is assigned. They’re essentially the same - aspirins, coke bumps, pieces of wire or pebbles; they just come in quantities according to the consumption scale, or price otherwise. This system, however, minds the gap called extensive hoarding and looks similar to some of well-known RPG solutions. Still, it sticks to CataDDA’s universal-type inventory, attempting to enhance it.

If you wear any clothes that has sleeves, small pockets or nets or even just a tube shape (tank-top) you can make use of 'em to free your hands and do manual labor, likewise intended in RL games. It’s essential that this quantity is unobstructive - some bubblegum, metal scraps/wire or a few Xanax pills. I’d put that bar reasonably low - at only a single volume unit - but this really is up to discussion.
Visually, in both tabletop and computer RPG games, there are dedicated spots for stacks of items alike. Regardless of the terms they’re being used to, they count as ammo and are treated as such. Sometimes there are six of these places, sometimes even ten; what’s important is that you can actually carry more, but at the expense of inventory space. RPG adventures even use automatism to resolve what’s going on if you pick up more items of the type which is already stashed as an ammo type, so the player can focus on what’s really important.

I think the “stash” should be assigned an inventory letter (or a number, punctuation…) as long as it is accessible via the inventory menu. As soon as you’ve got anything put on either your torso, arms or your legs - you’ve got access to that inventory letter. It shouldn’t be difficult to code in, however.[/quote]

i quite like the implications of this (it would also function as a test towards separating inventory space in containers)