Some Improvised Explosive Devices (and supplies)

Match Head bomb. Cut the heads off of matches and you get a minor explosive. Really simple and relatively weak. If this was implemented I suggest adding in boxes of matches as a lootable.

Gunpowder explosives (gunpowder + plastic bottle + nails/scrap metal + duct tape) -
Gunpowder downs explode, it burns very fast. The hot gasses, when container, are what forces a bullet out of a gun. The plastic bottle, reinforced with duct tape, will contain it for a bit until it explodes. Metal containers work better.

I know that a particularly smart high school chemistry student made nitroglycerin back in the day. So more advanced chemistry is definitely possible. :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely add your own suggestions! :slight_smile:

you can put matches in a slug gun, and they actually shoot…xD I remember doing this with my uncle.

BUT, a dryice bomb; dryice in a plastic or metal container and itll explode

[quote=“Miloch, post:1, topic:1313”]Match Head bomb. Cut the heads off of matches and you get a minor explosive. Really simple and relatively weak. If this was implemented I suggest adding in boxes of matches as a lootable.

Gunpowder explosives (gunpowder + plastic bottle + nails/scrap metal + duct tape) -
Gunpowder downs explode, it burns very fast. The hot gasses, when container, are what forces a bullet out of a gun. The plastic bottle, reinforced with duct tape, will contain it for a bit until it explodes. Metal containers work better.

I know that a particularly smart high school chemistry student made nitroglycerin back in the day. So more advanced chemistry is definitely possible. :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely add your own suggestions! :)[/quote]

Yes, I’ve heard of high school students making nitroglycerin and that was back in the 50’s.

Today I shall grant your wish.

[glow=red,2,300]waves a magic wand[/glow]

[glow=green,2,100]TWINKLEPUFF[/glow]

Your binary files have just been magically altered, so you CAN use gunpowder to make grenades. (Just remember to have some mechanics skills.)

I can already see all of us wearing pendant of the Firecracker, giving that 'tis the one that buffs +1 to dodge against Boomers. Courtesy of Miloch

I want to be able to duct-tape a propane cylinder to a bicycle and launch it at some zombies.

Also, duct tape and attach things to things please. This would lead to some hilarity and better use of c4 on walls. Also blind zombie suicide bombers.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:6, topic:1313”]I want to be able to duct-tape a propane cylinder to a bicycle and launch it at some zombies.

Also, duct tape and attach things to things please. This would lead to some hilarity and better use of c4 on walls. Also blind zombie suicide bombers.[/quote]

You are a freaking genius!

Also noisemaker.

Nitroglycerin is actually fairly easy to make (instructions), though some of the chemistry involved is a little much for what we currently have access to in-game.

Here’s one that requires no knowledge of chemistry. Common, white, cooking flour.

Throw a handful (or a bag full) to saturate the air with flamable particals. Just add an ignition and you get a dust explosion (my faverate kind of explosion) that isn’t very powerful and is really just a rapidly spreading fire. There is some blast to it but it’s mostly just a flashburn. But what happens when we replace the flour with coal powder? Well, coal mining is dangerous for more then lung problem. In this case there is a large risk of lethal injury.

Flour is already in the game and we have coal pallets to make coal powder from. Maybe make it as simple as [a]ctivating the flour/coal powder and choosing a direction to throw it causing a few squares of dust that is easily ignitable causing a strong but short lived flame. For the dust clouds you could use the smoke code and make it flamable.
Now we just need the classic refillable metal lighter to toss in an set it off.

Sound good as a start?

Propane bomb tank bomb, chlorine gas (I don’t feel like being arrested today, so the following recipe is extremely simplified) made from bleach +fire+ pot+ a glass container, rockets made by combing a pipebomb+ scrap metal+ string+ more powder, and, as should already be in, a full on nuke.

I won’t be satisfied until I can turn an entire city into ash at a moments notice.

The current bombs/grenades are not really balanced.
Being able to make a regular grenade from gun powder or shotgun rounds or gasoline is kinda ridiculous. More so then the game normally is. Especially considering how common some of those items are. Gunpowder is very rare unless you harvest it from bullets. Personally I think reloading supplies should spawn in gun shops a bit more often.

I personally feel that explosives don’t have enough of a bite to them that I don’t really bother with them at all once I have competent skill in a ranged weapon. Increasing the amount and the area these weapons can damage would give people motivation to make use of them.

Only thing I use explosives for (to date) is opening MilBunkers when I haven’t got enough IDs.

Related: I’ve no idea what they put in that glass to make it proof against 40mm frag or LAW rocket direct attacks. Dynamite & C4 work fine though.

(Bring a flashlight. Not being able to aim the LAW outside of your vision circle hurts. Bad.)

ergh… hate to say this but matchstick bombs sound like they would be far too low-powered to do anything useful with. Pipe-bombs, likewise are way too underpowered right now. they should certainly have enough punch to kill a zombie outright, but as they are right now if they don’t fail they can’t even OHKO a zed.
Molotovs certainly aren’t underpowered-- but that’s mostly because they spread fire easily-- and fire hurts.

However someone just had a suggestion in the bunker which I just have to add: RC car bombs.

Let’s stick in remote control car toys in some shops and stuff.

Primary skill: Electronics 2
Secondary: Traps 2

Tools: None (Maybe a soldering iron, I dunno.)

Ingredients:
RC Car
Duct tape
Nails (25)
Pipe Bomb x2/4 OR C4 x1 OR Grenades x2 OR Any other explosive you care to mention except molotovs.

If we go the electronics route, throw some a little bit of wire in, 5 should be enough. Maybe even add in the option to stick a noisemaker or radio on it for added crazy bomber style points.

As for gunpowder, gunstores should stock big tins of it. However, making a simple grenade from black powder is pretty easy. Tin, powder, fuze.

@TaintedHolyWater
You’d need one hell of a lot of flour for an FAE and the dispersal mechanism itself would be even harder to make.
Not that you would be restricted to flour, though. That could be a use for those coal pallets you find in the shacks outside mines.
Scrape coal pallet into coal dust.

Match head would work, not great, but they’d work. The thing is you gotta contain the expanding gas. The container will contain the gas as long as it can until it explodes. That’s how gun works too. Although matches aren’t as good as gunpowder, they aren’t weak either. Go look up match head bombs on YouTube. Without containment most of them just make a cool looking flare. I wonder if you could make a dragon’s breath shotgun round using matchhead’s? :stuck_out_tongue: