Some car mechanic rework (easy attach/detach some parts)

Who remove car battery with hacksaw if they dead? Nobody. You can take wrench, detach + - wires and take battery.
Who install car battery with welder? Nobody. You can take wrench, battery and attach + - wires on it.
Someone knows why in progressive cataclysm world we remove/install easy attachable parts with hacksaw/welder?

And install engines/doors/heavy frames with duct tape - it’s not seriously. Really.

I agree in the battery thing

But the engine…“Tape solves everything”

The duct tape is pretty absurd, honestly. I can see duct tape being used to fix walls, doors, and non-technical METAL (as in not windshields like you currently can) parts of a vehicle though. Here in Florida, its not too uncommon to see something drive by that honestly looks like it is being successfully held together by duct tape.

Heeeyy, someone else who lives in Florida.

Until the first blow.

Battery fix will be well-recieved and likely fast-tracked for merge. Duct tape, as seen here, not so much.

You can feasibly put a car together with nothing but duct tape. Dunno how it handles really hot pipes and stuff but I imagine it won’t be pretty.

From one thing to another. Wheels and air. Finding a car with completely trashed wheels sucks. (How the hell does that even happen?!) So how about we switch all of that out with flat tires. Find some way to mend the holes, add air (compressor) and you’re good to go.

Vehicle speed is ridiculous fast. And why does my dog explodes when he rides with me in the car. Why does companions try to kill me when I’m driving a car?

Not only battery. Wheels, seat belts, seats, minifridge, boxes, mufflers, solar_panels, head lights, horns, alternators, stereo.
And NO USE duct tape for install/repair frame, heavy frame, steel plating, engines, mufflers, wheels, fuel tanks, windshields, i.e. all parts with big mechanical payload. Flashlights, stereo, belts, horns, light armor and frame, batteries - ok.

Not only battery. Wheels, seat belts, seats, minifridge, boxes, mufflers, solar_panels, head lights, horns, alternators, stereo.
And NO USE duct tape for install/repair frame, heavy frame, steel plating, engines, mufflers, wheels, fuel tanks, windshields, i.e. all parts with big mechanical payload. Flashlights, stereo, belts, horns, light armor and frame, batteries - ok.[/quote]

Not the first time I’ve seen someone pack everything they want into one PR in hopes of getting stuff they like (but we the devs and/or playerbase don’t) into the game.

Let’s keep it to batteries for now. As the other half of my post read:

Duct tape, as seen here, not so much.

(To be clear: I’m not registering a consensus in favor of backpedaling on duct tape usage, so I’m inclined to leave it as is.)

Does make sense that people should speak up if they want something but it’s very likely that they won’t even see this suggestion.
Maybe do some extra accessible polls when it comes to this stuff?

Ok. It is:

[quote=“Slax, post:11, topic:6890”]Does make sense that people should speak up if they want something but it’s very likely that they won’t even see this suggestion.
Maybe do some extra accessible polls when it comes to this stuff?[/quote]
I understand they as “We don’t give f&ck what you want. We do that, what we want”

I think most people were saying the opposite about duct tape. It seems totally unreasonable that you could install any sort of mechanical part into a car with duct tape.

I think that duct tape is feasible for making carts, and similar light weight vehicles?

I would allow it for extra light frames, wood frames and handles - and components you are attaching on these. For steel frames and heavy duty frames welder should be mandatory. Other way would be to specify it on per part basis in json definitions - horns, small wheels, handle, saddle, very small motors etc. could be attached with duct tapes and the rest could not.

In any case, I don’t feel duct tape is such big problem - more like poor man substitute. You will eventually end welding anything anyway.

I’m sure they’re just working some way around stuff; 'ts not an angle over anything.
If not the least thing to ask for - correcting the $3000 for a common can of soda is this one’s equal.