Duct Tape seems underpowered to me

As any man knows, Duct Tape is the penultimate tool in everything, from fixing broken sinks to annoying nagging wives. However, in Cata, it seems hardly useful, which is odd.

I propose that most crafting recipes that involve string (like, say, in making a pouch or a stone axe) could also use duct tape as a substitute. See as our survivor is rather pragmatic and resourceful, it only makes sense for him to be able to duct tape a piece of stone to a stick just as easily as tying it there with string, or by making straps of duct tape rather than a loop of string to hold his pouch on him.

Not all recipes would have duct tape as a substitute, though. I don’t see how a bow made from tape would be very effective.

On a side note: The Last Of Us has given me another idea. Taping knives to the ends of pipes, 2x4’s, and various other melee weapons (in a similar manner to putting nails through it, except your taping them on instead) to add piercing damage, just because we need more ways to kill things.

You can already make spears, and make-shift spears.

Well, that’s a stick with a knife on it. I meant doing it with other things, like pipes, or, hell, sticking blades on the edge of a sledgehammer for some added cutting damage

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=2014.0

Like this, except with Melee weapons instead.

Basically, there could be a new crafting screen thing, very much like the vehicle construction screen but for weapons?
And that means you can add whatever you want to makeshift weapons… Such as Nails, A knife duct taped to a pipe, ya know…

I think Duct Tape should be used to repair “cracked”, “splintered”, etc items. Apply enough duct tape and it goes up 1 durability level.

Duct tape should also be able to repair some types of clothing. Shoes, jackets, gloves, vests, belts, helmets, stuff like that.
God knows it’s worked for me before, so why couldnt it work on a survivor?

every time my archer finds duck tape he finds a lot more fletching :smiley:
although i do agree duck tape needs moar
:smiley: like if you have screamer to howler mutation you could duck tape your mouth shut

you would not want to do that

Try running for any reasonable period of time without breathing through your mouth
Not so fun, huh?

Duct tape and super glue can also be used as makeshift bandages to staunch bleeding. I used to know a psychiatrist who did that.

Yes, YES! Make first aid kits craftable, and duct tape should hold the ends of cotton ‘balls’ alike, or fabric items greater in size than common bandages. Great for nasty burns and bites.
There’s only a minor thing of finding a way to cook some chems along.

[quote=“vultures, post:10, topic:1946”]Yes, YES! Make first aid kits craftable, and duct tape should hold the ends of cotton ‘balls’ alike, or fabric items greater in size than common bandages. Great for nasty burns and bites.
There’s only a minor thing of finding a way to cook some chems along.[/quote]

Here you go:

{
	"result": "1st_aid",
	"category": "CC_MISC",
	"skill_pri": "firstaid",
	"difficulty": 3,
	"time": 20000,
	"reversible": true,
	"autolearn": true,
	"tools": [
		],