So, how depressed do you have to be to suicide?

Right. So.

I’ve eaten Human Flesh after killing an innocent man, then one thing led to another and I drunkenly drove over an entire school worths of Child Zombies with my flat bed truck, and then I got soaking wet when I was heading back to my home base.

I’ve sorta been okay by downing Vodka Shot after Vodka shot while taking Xanax(I’m gonna get a mechanical Liver anyways) and listening to music, but I’m worried because I can’t cook meat because of how depressed I am, and I’m eventually going to starve to death.

So… should I keep drinking to stave off suicide, or is it actually a non-issue?

[quote=“Smoker, post:1, topic:2341”]Right. So.

I’ve eaten Human Flesh after killing an innocent man, then one thing led to another and I drunkenly drove over an entire school worths of Child Zombies with my flat bed truck, and then I got soaking wet when I was heading back to my home base.

I’ve sorta been okay by downing Vodka Shot after Vodka shot while taking Xanax(I’m gonna get a mechanical Liver anyways) and listening to music, but I’m worried because I can’t cook meat because of how depressed I am, and I’m eventually going to starve to death.

So… should I keep drinking to stave off suicide, or is it actually a non-issue?[/quote]
I think it’s hilarious how cannibalism leads to drunken, wholesale infant slaughter.

But anyway, drinking might work, just because alcohol gives nutrition IIRC, but be careful not to overdose.

It’s a non-issue. Your character won’t automatically commit suicide. The worst that can happen is you get a speed and/or stat penalty with a large negative focus per min (in addition to not being able to craft of course). Just wait it off, or read some novels.

You can eat meat raw. It’s just not as filling and drops your character’s morale.

Just consume those chunks of meat raw, get some pills and try to sleep. Hunger and thirst increase more slowly when sleeping, so you can wait the bad morale to wear off more comfortably.

Ah, cool. Looks like that -300 to morale isn’t going to be a game-ender. I’ll just down these wolf and spider and wolf spider steaks raw.

I’ll just have to do without being able to raise skills. Or cook. Or boil water. While having my stats down the gutter.

At least I can still stab stuff.

-60 Moral I find to last usually about half an ingame hour. -300 morale should only last about 2 and a half, so you’d be better off just waiting around for a few hours, reading, sleeping, or staring at a wall until it goes up.

(A)pply your head to the wall to smash it. Wake up hung over and cranky, but you won’t cook your own hand.

Whenever I’m below -100 morale, I roleplay in a “brink of suicide” stage- if anything even menial happens, and it’s frustrating/bad/tiring, I commit suicide. Maybe with shift+q, or just a bomb, or giving up against the horde of zombies.

Prozac kills any depression you might have.

Use it in combination with Adderall , meth , cocaine , crack , marijuana , cigarettes , any alcoholic substance and strong painkillers.

If they ever do add suicide for super low morale as a feature I sure hope its a toggle option… ate one lousy pile of dead druggies and all of a sudden I am at -500.

• 500 is actually kind of hard to get to I think. Like that’s a pretty big drop considering 2 bad moodswings in a row only drops you too - 200 or so.
  • 500 is actually kind of hard to get to I think. Like that’s a pretty big drop considering 2 bad moodswings in a row only drops you too - 200 or so.[/quote]

Actually, I think it would be mildly interesting if being at a severely depressed status removed the suicide prompt from Shift-Q, but I think it wouldn’t be a particularly good game mechanic.

You can simply change “Commit suicide (Y/N)” for “(Let me rest in peace (Y/N)” or some other phrase of that kind, dunno.
You keep the (Y/N) option, but it delivers the depressive and creepy effect that you want. (And we love)

You could have the “Commit Suicide(y/n)?” dialogue pop up spontaneously whenever you take a morale hit while already below a certain number.

Suuuicide is painless,
it brings on many changes,
and I can get back up after if I pleeease.

There should be other effects to being depressed other than just having low morale.

Like, you should be crying at -200 morale, and the noise would be similar to coughing when you’re sick.

I always play characters with mood swings because I know how to handle that IRL but it’s not very realistic in cata yet.

Something funny I was thinking about:

Cataclysm is the only time when school shootings are humane, as well as the only time that the school shooters feel any remorse for their actions.

Kind of a fucked up world we live in…IRL I mean.
Well, IC:DDAL too I suppose.