Eat/Drink "X" until Full/Slaked?

Is it possible to batch eat/drink?

For example, my survivor just cooked 25 scraps of meat. He’s ‘Famished’. Is there a way to just have him eat all the scraps of meat or do I have to hit Shift+E 20 times before he’s “full”.

Ideally, I’d love to be able to specify the ‘source’ food and the amount to consume rather than a blanket “Eat everything edible in the inventory.”

As far as I am aware. You choose whatever is edible and eat until your toon is full or you puke. Whichever.

I can’t imagine why someone would be able to eat 50 pounds of food in one go no matter how hungry they are anyway.

Perhaps this needs to be changed in game. Starving people can still die with food being given after organ shut down.

1 Like

this sounds good tho… but then something wrong about foods now…

how can a single piece of meat has 600+ calories?

Meat contains way more calories per serving than vegetables. Granted, ‘chunk of meat’ is sort of ambiguous. Depends on how big the meat piece is and what cut. For example a 10oz ribeye steak can be between 600 and 900 calories depending on the fat content. A 10oz sirloin is a bit less, but is still between 400 and 600 calories. Maybe they took an average?

I just looked at my game and it says meat is 399 calories, but it’s insect meat, so maybe its different based on the chunk.

Iirc chunks of meat weigh between half a pound and a single pound in game. Which, depending on the animal, would put it in that caloric range.

For example, a pound of rabbit is about 500cal. So the “cooked meat” in game is definitely a solid rough approximation.

The point does remain though that in one sitting the PC can definitely eat way more than the human stomach could conceivably hold. I don’t know how one would fix it without completely reworking hunger and starvation though.

Protip: Use the = key to assign those annoying scraps to inventory letter ‘E’. Then you can just press and hold E to (E)at item (E) until you’re full or out of scraps.

3 Likes

I will give this a shot. Thanks!

I bind 0 to ‘eat’. I put the pile of meat on a cleared floor.

Then I press 0.

In the select menu, 0 is also the item on the ground. So I press 0 again.

I hold down 0 until all meat is consumed or my survivor is full.

1 Like

Capslock and assign food to E, for the win.

1 Like

Who doesn’t love floor-meat?

2 Likes

The point does remain though that in one sitting the PC can definitely eat way more than the human stomach could conceivably hold. I don’t know how one would fix it without completely reworking hunger and starvation though.

Heh. That doesn’t appear to be stopping KorGgenT

1 Like