Slamming Doors

I propose the ability to slam doors on fools/zombies/spiders if a door space is occupied by one, causing quite a bit of damage substantially affected by the slammer’s strength.
Obviously, this would be rather loud and damage or outright destroy the door, items could either still block the door or get damaged and thrown around to surrounding spaces.
If the slammee manages to beat a check of some kind, they could keep the door from hitting them and throw it back open, leaving the player stuck in place for a moment, stumbling back from the door. Extreme failure? They get hit themselves as the door is swung back open.
Bonus points: Make uninstalled doors an item that you can pick up and swing around, with a good blocking technique.
:smiley:

E: It stands to reason metal doors would do more damage to anything hit with one, but it should probably still become destroyed close to the same rate as wooden ones, so that you don’t have a perfect choke point. Or maybe they’re just too heavy to swing effectively enough to do any respectable amount of damage? (Birdie casually kicks a CBM: Hydraulic Muscles behind a rock)

There’s an Issue on the tracker about closing garage doors on stuff. I imagine the principle could apply to other doors.

I would love to see a mechanic similar to the bridges in dwarf fortress applied to doors, not as atom smashing, but still being able to send things flying.
Imagine having insane strength, slamming a door on a few thousand nails and peppering the neighborhood with deadly shrapnel . I know it is not particularly realistic but it would be rather hilarious feature.

[quote=“wad67, post:3, topic:1915”]I would love to see a mechanic similar to the bridges in dwarf fortress applied to doors, not as atom smashing, but still being able to send things flying.
Imagine having insane strength, slamming a door on a few thousand nails and peppering the neighborhood with deadly shrapnel . I know it is not particularly realistic but it would be rather hilarious feature.[/quote]

On pipe-bombs, it would be nice to make one with nails.

Popcorn. Put one corn at a time in the corner of the door, grease the door and make popcorn. Or popsquirrel. Bear is on the radio. :stuck_out_tongue: