Open Car Door Damage

Hey guys, I’m new to the board so I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I was driving along in C:DDA, when all of a sudden I came across a horde of undead. So, naturally, I started hammering down on them with the junker I’d borrowed from one of the big white refugee shelters. Scrap metal and steel chunks flying everywhere, I started to open my car doors so I could shoot at them with my Remington (I thought my doors would shatter if I shot through them,) and as I drove by a few zombie children, I asked myself something.

Would it be a good addition if there were some way to cause some damage by driving by things with the doors open?

I mean, I’m still figuring out the ins and outs of the technical aspects of the game-- and I’m by no means an expert; I am an absolute n00b when it comes to coding and programming and yaddayaddayadda so pardon my ignorance if this is currently unimplementable with current means. Or, y’know, you can just call me out if it’s a shit idea. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, sorry if was already a topic being kicked around. lurk moar, right?

Remove your door and attach it to the side of your car, as a “frame”.

It’d be interesting, especially if the front of your car is about to fall apart but there is one more brute before you can butcher this pile of corpses so you just use the door. I don’t think it wouls add much though to make the coding worth it.

A cdda coder could prove me wrong if they feel otherwise

Edit: And certainly don’t be afraid to bring these suggestions up, I’m fairly certain half the game was a suggestion someone brought up at somepoint.