Craftable Metal Doors

Everyone else would’ve thought about this but sometimes its such a pain in the ass getting woken up by a sewer rat in the middle of the night. Crafting and placing your own metal doors would help with that, and also keeps other survivors meandering in and stealing your plutonium cells and Mini-Nukes.

+1!

Freaking Duh

We can make deathwagons but not weld together metal doors…wonderful

Dunno, Metal doors are a very strong defense, nothing short of a jabberwock and a hulk can move past a closed one. I am working on adding more houses that have panic rooms with metal doors or use metal doors in some places that you could then modify as you see fit, but I dont think being able to craft them is very good balance wise.

Well the player can build frames from scrap so it stands to reason he should be able to make a working door out of strong materials.
However a door is only as strong as the walls around it. Metal doors in labs/prisons/etc. are so strong because the walls to their sides are also extremely strong.

If you just stuck a metal door inside a normal house the walls around it would give way long before the door itself (while still holding for longer than your average wooden house door).

So I’d say having a strong door you can make with scrap and such that’s tougher than the normal ones but nowhere near as much as the current metal doors isn’t that evil an idea.

How about a door strength modifier based in the walls around it?

Walls -50%
Nothing -100% (falls over)
Metal walls +50% (inapplicable to metal doors)
Concrete walls +25%

And yes, we should be able to build concrete and metal walls. Along with doors.

1. Find wet, solid concrete bags.

2. Stack into wall

3. Add support

4. ???

5. Profit

6. Get 4 metal/steel/hard plates

7. Build starting wall construction

8. Add plates

9. ???

10. Profit

i’m going to masturbate to this idea.

Fixed

I… spend too much time on tv tropes

FAP FAP FAP

You didnt got the reference

Me are dissapoints

That cannot be! There must be other factors

nope, didn’t get the reference. i need to brush up on my pop culture, and since i’m too busy playing CDDA i don’t have time.

yes making metal doors should be a thing but to solve the problem of rats and npc just craft sentry guns. :smiley:

yes making metal doors should be a thing but to solve the problem of rats and npc just craft sentry guns. :D[/quote]problem is turrets don’t attack zombears and zombie dogs, and those are the two critters i have the most problem with waking me up.

yes making metal doors should be a thing but to solve the problem of rats and npc just craft sentry guns. :D[/quote]problem is turrets don’t attack zombears and zombie dogs, and those are the two critters i have the most problem with waking me up.[/quote]
that’s strange why don’t they attack them? sounds like a technical issue

As a side note what happens if you sleep with a ZomBear Corpse in your hands do it reanimate next to and kill you?

yes making metal doors should be a thing but to solve the problem of rats and npc just craft sentry guns. :D[/quote]problem is turrets don’t attack zombears and zombie dogs, and those are the two critters i have the most problem with waking me up.[/quote]
that’s strange why don’t they attack them? sounds like a technical issue[/quote]i believe it’s been fixed now, haven’t tested it yet.

[quote=“MrMayhem911, post:14, topic:4914”]As a side note what happens if you sleep with a ZomBear Corpse in your hands do it reanimate next to and kill you?[/quote]hmm that’s an excellent question, be a good chap and find out for us :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure! Sounds like fun. I’ll tell you when my hand gets chopped off.

Welp, It appears the Dev team already saw this occurring. They even put in some flavor text.

“Oh dear god, a corpse your carrying has started moving!”

And then “the Zombear hits your torso.You wake up!” Brilliant

I hope the devs didn’t make that typo.