Sight And Shadow

I think that sight for zombies is very overpowered, as of when 1 zombie sees you it will chase you straight away. i personaly think that zombies should be quite dumb and if they see you for less then around 3 or something steps then they will chase you. But if you walk around a corner and see a zombie you should be able to sneak away. Another feature that could help this is Shadows, depanding on the day the longer the shadows, and while in shadows zombie have a hard time seeing you.

Throughts

i think UnReal World sight system will be good here, for player and for creatures, so many possibilities, and as nice addition - mutations/implants which allows you (and creatures) to see in wider angle or even in 360 (eyes on back, antenas, sensors, cameras and so on), but it’s really huge code rework, so it’s only in my dreams :frowning:

a bit simpler solution - sneaking and sneak skill

Monster sight is already implemented, in the next version different kind of monsters will have different sight ranges.

Yeah GlyphGryph has mentioned this before here, although shadows hasn’t been mentioned yet I don’t think, would be a nice addition.

[quote=“Danv, post:2, topic:387”]i think UnReal World sight system will be good here, for player and for creatures, so many possibilities, and as nice addition - mutations/implants which allows you (and creatures) to see in wider angle or even in 360 (eyes on back, antenas, sensors, cameras and so on), but it’s really huge code rework, so it’s only in my dreams :frowning:

a bit simpler solution - sneaking and sneak skill[/quote]

I have to say if there is one feature that stops me playing games it’s sight systems like UnReal World. They are so jarringly detached from reality that they make it hard to immerse in a game and, for me at least, don’t improve game play at all.

As to making it harder to be spotted based on light levels that would be an easy change as the data is already available, it would just be a matter of making the critter not react.

Yeah, having to manually turn the player around every few turns is horrible gameplay. I like to imagine in the 6 seconds each turn takes that the player has a quick look around themselves.

I agree with Darkling that player sighting in what is effectively a 3rd person game is not a good idea. Plus three points for realism. Minus 50 for making the game ridiculous to play.

What realism? If I was in a zombie world you can bet I’d be checking all around me all the time, and in the multiple minutes it takes walk the length of a single house I’m pretty sure I’d have plenty of time to do so. Heck, even walking normally in the real world I look around enough I must be seeing around 270 ish degrees.