Shrub removal?

Can anyone think of a way to remove shrubs? I holed up in a mansion slightly off a road, and want to make a sort of driveway to the road to save me the hassle of weaving my big ass truck through shrubs. I’ve read that you can set them on fire somehow, but my lighter does nothing. Can’t dig a pit and fill it like rubble. Can’t chop em down like a tree. Do they even damage your car?

edit:Okay apparently you can just smash them to bits. Should I delete this thread?

Nah, don’t delete it. It may be useful to other confused people in the future, and may also be useful as a reminder to devs.

[font=georgia]USE MOLOTOVS, or a flamethrower! Thatll lean 'em!;D But seriously, if they werent that close to the mansion that itll catch it on fire, id go for the fire rout[/font]

I’m not sure if it is a bug, but i 'e’d a shrub and got an option “pull up shrub”.

Im using the pre-release of 0.5. I’ll test it again and see if I am right.

I smash them down with an axe when clearing impromptu roadways, which is quick and effective. Failing that, cut a heavy stick into bits with your pocket knife, drop a single skewer on the shrub, and set it on fire. Also makes for a serviceable and long-lasting campfire, if you can stand the smoke.

Smash em enough times and they go away

Take two-by-four. Drop two-by-four on shrub. Light two-by-four on fire. Voila.

If it’s close enough (1-2 tiles) to others, or trees you’ve just started a forest fire.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:7, topic:1014”]Take two-by-four. Drop two-by-four on shrub. Light two-by-four on fire. Voila.

If it’s close enough (1-2 tiles) to others, or trees you’ve just started a forest fire.[/quote]

!.place stick next to webs
2. Light it on fire
3. 5
4. Entire forest is instantly on fire

Remember, only you can prevent spiders, shrubs, trees, squirrels, rabbits, wolves, cougars, and bears from taking over the world.

you can burn the shrubs in a fire. makes a 3x3 fire. i tend to dot hat so my fires don’t go out. i do get some issues with smoke, but crafting stops and i can move.

why do you want to remove shrubs?

To be honest I hate having to keep running around for splintered wood for cooking the endless supplies of meat I’ve butchered. Setting fire to a shrub gives you a nice long fire.

Well i’ll have to try that after the bears stop stalking my FEMA camp…theyre everywhere. I find lots of rabbits and deer get caught and die in my barbed wire.