Shopping carts as a portable obstacle - Melee's best friend

Seriously, this is so broken that it should be balanced out somehow.

You just have to get an empty shopping cart and drag it everywhere you go. As long as you can keep the cart between the enemies and you, they will enter the cart first with a 400 movement cost. More than enough time to attack it once or even twice and move backwards, dragging the cart with you and making the enemy spend another 400 movement.

Hack, step backwards, repeat.

You can even remove the box and leave only the casters to make the obstacle ultra light, removing any movement penalty for dragging a vehicle.

With this method, I am even able to kill Zombie brutes with a starting character and a starting weapon. And because that, this makes the game a lot more easy, at least in the beginning, as long as you can find a cart.

I hear that shoppingcarts will be getting louder (attract more zombies).

either way, I think its a bit silly that larger enemies can’t smash the cart entirely.

There’s a plan to give monsters that can destroy walls the ability to shove vehicles (in effect, make “hulks hit like a truck” literal :wink:
Also yea, over time if you kept doing this your cart would get wrecked.

… there is an amazing change that should be made, that would suddenly change this strategy.

Creatures should count as on the vehicle and should add to the weight for pushing purposes!

So if a big creature is on the cart, you might have to abandon it.

If a smaller zombie climbs into the part, moving the cart will also move the zombie (without costing it any moves).

Oh yea, I forgot the biggest nerf to shopping carts, casters should work VERY poorly off of hard, flat surfaces. Dragging your shopping cart with an engine block in it across a grassy field? not gonna work so well…

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:4, topic:3332”]… there is an amazing change that should be made, that would suddenly change this strategy.

Creatures should count as on the vehicle and should add to the weight for pushing purposes!

So if a big creature is on the cart, you might have to abandon it.

If a smaller zombie climbs into the part, moving the cart will also move the zombie (without costing it any moves).[/quote]
This.

It’s hardly overpowered though. I mean, just a single tile? It might be for a new early-days character, so uf you want to use that kind of fighting method go ahead, but generally I’m fighting enemies hordes of enemies at a time. It’s not unusual for zeds to sidestep tiles/shrubs etc.
I mean think about the amount of vehicle chassis lying around. Each one is practically a miniature fort knox, let alone single-tile windows.

Also you devs are horrible, horrible people.
If that means large numbers of zeds will end up pushing around a vehicle chassis while I’m trying to fight them from within it… brrr… :frowning:

Martial arts are more overpowered. And also, shopping cart as a portable obstacle makes sense if you think about it.

It does so, but then any self-respecting Zombie would flank it and open up the container for your guts, if the terrain allows it of course.
So Zombies, behave!