Sexual Content Discussion

I think I turned that thing into rolling papers after discovering I already knew how to craft most of the stuff in it from other books.

Mmm. When it comes down to it, any offensive reading material is perfect for fire-starting and drug consumption. I like that playing field.

As for sex stuff and the original topic: Enh. Fine where it is. Implying is more interesting than telling in this case. This is a game where @ implies a whole human being. I rather the ‘up to your imagination’ approach for aspects like this.

[me=Pthalocy] tumbleweeds out of the thread[/me]

I always saw it as a thing about other creatures serving humans as servants (because of the giants in Narnia).

Yes, that’s the dual meaning of the title. Aliens arrive, are suspiciously kind to humanity, one man investigates a book they brought and it’s not about helping people but on how to cook them.

Now, everybody go watch that Twilight Zone episode and The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street because that’s another classic.

Oh hey I watched that episode at school once!

On Alpha Male Quarterly: I’ve actually had characters read it for the Survival pointers and get a morale boost from it. I like to think that it was the “ha ha these fuckers are all dead now” factor.

I would like to point out that every stable human society in history had prostitution in some manner or form. This is inevitable and dictated by human ethology and social psyhology.

So if factions would be capable to create settlement that cover their basic needs (in accordance with Maslow Hierarchy), then individualistic ones (so - not blob and fungus) of those factions, that have no access to outside world (so - not soldiers and scientists) and retain their humanity (so - not some extreme mutants) will sooner or later create some manner of brothels.

Whether this is going to happen in game - depends on how far we are going to simulate social evolution of factions and how realistic we want it to be.

There are some thoughts about how newfound mutagenic capabilities of humankind are going to be reflected in such “Sexual Content” but I will spare you from such squick for now =)

1 Like

[quote=“Stretop, post:46, topic:8535”]I would like to point out that every stable human society in history had prostitution in some manner or form. This is inevitable and dictated by human ethology and social psyhology.

So if factions would be capable to create settlement that cover their basic needs (in accordance with Maslow Hierarchy), then individualistic ones (so - not blob and fungus) of those factions, that have no access to outside world (so - not soldiers and scientists) and retain their humanity (so - not some extreme mutants) will sooner or later create some manner of brothels.

Whether this is going to happen in game - depends on how far we are going to simulate social evolution of factions and how realistic we want it to be.

There are some thoughts about how newfound mutagenic capabilities of humankind are going to be reflected in such “Sexual Content” but I will spare you from such squick for now =)[/quote]
Pretty much THAT! It IS human nature and it will sooner or later happen… now do we wanna see it “hinted” (at least) in the game in some kind of location/part with the obligatory “Wanna have some fun?” and no directly shown “action” or do we want the full program?

I’m sure the vast mayority will go with the first (maybe bundled in some kind of "relaxiation House with [weak] drugs) and it would fit the setting.
The finer details could be worked out later, but I’m for that kind of approach.

(Also: SOME of those mutations are surely a DREAM for some ppl) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s no need to call out any particular group of people for enjoying mutation. Thanks. -KA101

If that’s actually possibly going to be implemented sometime, what about a hidden sexual_prowess variable? #badideas

Yeah, can we not, I play this game at school, thanks.

You want out of pointless state assessments that only teach folks to answer tests correctly, sure.

You want to play games whilst others such as myself are trying to study, nah. I don’t feel any need to redact the game so it’s quasi-acceptable on school computers. I’m disappointed–though not surprised–that it’s not already unacceptable thanks to the violence/drugs/cannibalism content.

(Not to mention that you can shoot/blow up schools in-game.)

You know, that’s a good point. But both of our points our moot because I play it in study hall and nobody can tell what I’m doing anyway.

I’m disappointed–though not surprised–that it’s not already unacceptable thanks to the violence/drugs/cannibalism content.

(Not to mention that you can shoot/blow up schools in-game.)[/quote]

brush your school
stay in milk
drink your teeth
don’t do sleep
get eight hours of drugs

1 Like

TheFlame52, now about you not saying anyone in that hall, that those colored “@” are actually sex industry workers? =)

That would be a solution for it, yes. :smiley:

But in all seriousness: If it gets implemented in terms of “implied not directly shown” than you should be able to play it wherever you want.
Unless you live in a very prude area where the THOUGHT of sex alone is taboo.

(to be absoloutely honest: No one will see ANYTHING in a ASCII game if they aren’t used to ASCII, so beeing able to play it where you want shouldn’t be a problem)

I’m disappointed–though not surprised–that it’s not already unacceptable thanks to the violence/drugs/cannibalism content.

(Not to mention that you can shoot/blow up schools in-game.)[/quote]

brush your school
stay in milk
drink your teeth
don’t do sleep
get eight hours of drugs
[/quote]
Rivet plz, Rivet stahp, RIVET GIVE ME THE BOTTLE, Rivet go home your drunk!

1 Like

Also, if you are crafty enough, you can do this (ani-gif): take a clay lump, shape it into a dildo-looking object, and then continue sculpting it (in lewd-looking fashion) to resemble London’s Parliament clock tower =)

Unlabeled gif links aren’t cool. -KA101.

I’m shocked nobody has pointed out that infection through biting and devouring as is standard among zeds is really the poorest way to go about infecting a whole species.

Such movies almost always go to length to point out that the higher functions have been shut down and only the most primitive, feral side of the species remains.

At the risk of sounding unnecessarily suggestive might I speculate that there are certain ‘other’ primitive intra-species urges that would be far more effective as a means of transmitting infectious fluids than the urge to violently consume or damage your prey and risk own host to the point that you’ve only succeeded in creating two sub-par hosts.

Of course I think that would probably be veering somewhat off course, and coding such interactions combined with animalistic mutations certainly wouldn’t help convince newcomers that we arn’t some den of fornicating deviants.

How do you randomly come up with zombie movies?
Did i miss something in this thread that is related xD

Just curious, does anyone in this thread think they’re making us [b]more[b] inclined to add this sort of thing?
If so, you might want to be aware that it’s having the opposite effect.

Belteshezzar: Yeah I somehow doubt the goo would have any urges to multiply that resemble anything a human does. Sorry for spoilers regarding zombie lore, but: honestly, if I were a goo steering a body around, I’d just try to kill the body faster so the goo in it could start piloting away.
It’s a regular error of belief that the infection status ingame is being infected with the zombie-ness. It is not. It is just boring old gangrene or something. Rotten human mouths are just naturally nasty. You’re already inundated with the alien slime-stuff that will make you a zombie when you eventually die. There is literally no reason for the zeds to do anything but attempt to kill you ingame, which they already do.