Semi-Random Item perk

I always wanted I reward system based on your skill.
ex. Your fabrication skill is at 5. You make a Crude sword…Now you have a Crude sword.
So i was thinking that as your skill gets higher it increases a chance of a perk being added to the item
Ex. Your fabrication is at 10. You make a Crude sword…Now you have a Sharp Crude Sword, or Stiff Crude Sword, Durable Crude Sword etc.
Lets say that your skill is way low. You make a Crude Sword…Now you have a Dull Crude Sword or Flimsy Crude sword
So if your skill is low or high it would be very likely that you would make the Crude Sword that has some form of semi random stat adjustment
I dont know if this will be implemented or how hard it would be to code but its been on my wishlist for quiet a while. Just a suggestion, thanks for reading.

I like the sound of it, in theory someone with more experience would be able to make a better crude sword than someone who looked at it some two by fours and some scrap metal and went “MY GOD! I CAN MAKE A WEAPON!”

It’d also make use of higher skill levels if it were scaled, eg Crafting a crude sword takes what, 2 fabrication? You’d get a better crude sword at 8 than you would 4. A Nodachi? Better at 20 than 10? Get the idea?
[size=1pt]Now how to apply this to vehicles…[/size]

item qualities. Kind of like finding that dagger +1, except you made it yourself.

Exactly

I’m gonna assume this goes with makeshift weapons too. I don’t want to on weapons, but I’m fine with it on melee weapons.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:5, topic:4005”]I’m gonna assume this goes with makeshift weapons too. I don’t want to on weapons, but I’m fine with it on melee weapons.[/quote]I just want it on stuff you make, nothing that spawns naturally shouldnt have it