Secondary/Light/Supplemental/Themed go bag ideas

The current go bag (just looked at it today) is definitely the perfectionist’s go bag :open_mouth: It’d take a lot of work, and in a couple cases a lot of luck (long underwear bottoms/fire gauntlets), to gather all that up… First thing I see is the 7x clothing articles, which are essentially useless in Cataclysm (could cut into rags!). Besides socks, I think most people ditch their t-shirt and pants for cargo/army pants or better and at least a sports jersey (which provides much better protection than a t-shirt…). The recipe as it is looks more like Rambo’s “going to stay a week at my grandma’s, who happens to live in the middle of Mordor” bag :slight_smile: A true bug is that the recipe asks for 1x rollmat in two different places… (Feel like I should say no offense intended to the creator of the first go bag!!)

Here’s a recipe I figured up for my necessary Cataclysmic go bag…

1x backpack OR leather backpack
5x first aid
10x bandages
1x disinfectant
25x rag
200x batteries
1x pocket knife OR combat knife
1x flashlight OR 5x glowstick or 5x flare
5x fresh water OR 20x water purification tablets
1x sewing kit
1x lighter OR 2x matches

(Food too, but I don’t know how you’d add it in a user-friendly way without being too picky. Antibiotics, aspirin and vitamins wouldn’t hurt either, plus some booze… Also a funnel and a couple jars would be a good addition, but funnels aren’t always easy to find… Hatchet would also be a good addition, or a selection of tools, but I’m mostly going for usefulness + ease of assembly…)

Mostly junk to sustain life or manipulate the environment to give sustenance :stuck_out_tongue: What would be in your dream bag if you were forced to flee unprepared into the acid-rain-streaked darkness??

Psst, wrong board.

You mean if we were living inside the cata universe prior to…the cataclysm…what would our game mechanics conscious go bag contain?

-inb4 crowbar

It would take a while to make one but they also pop on dead z’s. I saw a couple the other day when I was taking on a huge horde after crashing my rv in the center of a big town. I was unfortunately to busy trying to stay alive to grab em though.

Go-bags?

I’ll just go…

Is the go bag only craftable? It would be great if we found it out in mil outposts or houses.

Maybe bunkers.

I coulda sworn I saw two drop from z’s.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:5, topic:4045”]Is the go bag only craftable? It would be great if we found it out in mil outposts or houses.

Maybe bunkers.[/quote]

Found one in a lab recently.

I have clothes now.

[quote=“moist_zombie, post:1, topic:4045”]The current go bag (just looked at it today) is definitely the perfectionist’s go bag :open_mouth: It’d take a lot of work, and in a couple cases a lot of luck (long underwear bottoms/fire gauntlets), to gather all that up… First thing I see is the 7x clothing articles, which are essentially useless in Cataclysm (could cut into rags!). Besides socks, I think most people ditch their t-shirt and pants for cargo/army pants or better and at least a sports jersey (which provides much better protection than a t-shirt…). The recipe as it is looks more like Rambo’s “going to stay a week at my grandma’s, who happens to live in the middle of Mordor” bag :slight_smile: A true bug is that the recipe asks for 1x rollmat in two different places… (Feel like I should say no offense intended to the creator of the first go bag!!)

Here’s a recipe I figured up for my necessary Cataclysmic go bag…

1x backpack OR leather backpack
5x first aid
10x bandages
1x disinfectant
25x rag
200x batteries
1x pocket knife OR combat knife
1x flashlight OR 5x glowstick or 5x flare
5x fresh water OR 20x water purification tablets
1x sewing kit
1x lighter OR 2x matches

(Food too, but I don’t know how you’d add it in a user-friendly way without being too picky. Antibiotics, aspirin and vitamins wouldn’t hurt either, plus some booze… Also a funnel and a couple jars would be a good addition, but funnels aren’t always easy to find… Hatchet would also be a good addition, or a selection of tools, but I’m mostly going for usefulness + ease of assembly…)

Mostly junk to sustain life or manipulate the environment to give sustenance :stuck_out_tongue: What would be in your dream bag if you were forced to flee unprepared into the acid-rain-streaked darkness??[/quote]

Yeah, and Rivet fixed the bug whilst I was in transit and couldn’t read this, much less fix my own bug. Dammit, Rivet! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the National Guard go-bag Miloch posted about a while back. I made it mostly to indicate the current capabilities for making items that contain other items. If people want, I can jot down a few notes on HOWTO make your own?

A Sadist/Masochist spend-the-night-at-your-place bag. Features the latest German Industrial Top20 Chart and some rat poison for your cellar. Nails optional. :stuck_out_tongue: