Seats

So there’s the standard seat, the reclining seat, the folding seat, and the military seat… and the bed, I suppose, should go in the list. The military seat may come from the extra vehicle parts mod…

Anyway, can someone tell me the differences and pro/cons of them other than the obvious hp/storage stuff? I mean, clearly, the advantage of the bed is a good place to sleep, and the advantage of the folding seat is that it folds, but is the reclining seat as good as the bed for sleeping? And what is the advantage of the military seat? It must be something… lower HP, 0 storage, same build requirement…?

Military seat has no cargo and so can be mounted under a turret that has cargo.

Ah! Thank you - THAT makes sense. I couldn’t come up with anything sensible.

Any info on reclining seats vs beds vs regular seats?

Beds and reclining seats are a tiny bit more comfortable to sleep on than regular seats (4, as opposed to regular bed’s 3). Still less than “real” bed’s 5. This only affects difficulty of falling asleep.

Beds don’t count as seats, meaning you can’t drive from them (unless you use the remote vehicle controller).

Regular seats are more resistant than reclining ones (300 vs 100). And even than military ones (250).

Other than that it’s all about cargo.

There is no reason to use beds at the moment. Reclining seats may be better if you have problems sleeping, but otherwise it’s just seat vs. military seat.

There are also saddles and foldable seats. They’re nearly identical, except foldable seats can be installed anywhere (even in “stupid” places, like in the middle of an aisle) and use cheap sheets as material, while saddles are more resistant but require the center slot.

Wood seats are like military seats, except less resistant (125).

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:4, topic:10355”]Beds and reclining seats are a tiny bit more comfortable to sleep on than regular seats (4, as opposed to regular bed’s 3). Still less than “real” bed’s 5. This only affects difficulty of falling asleep.

Beds don’t count as seats, meaning you can’t drive from them (unless you use the remote vehicle controller).[/quote]

Thanks - that’s exactly what I needed to know!

Considering that I almost never have difficulty sleeping (since I seldom try to sleep until I’m dead tired), regular seat it is for me.

Related question that I hope I can mostly assume: seatbelt and 5-point suspension… these help to stay in the seat in case of colision, and the latter is better than the former, right? Anything else they do or that newbs should know?

(Also, and I assume this is vehicle parts pack, there’s apparently an airbag now. Interesting…)

[quote=“deoxy, post:5, topic:10355”]Related question that I hope I can mostly assume: seatbelt and 5-point suspension… these help to stay in the seat in case of colision, and the latter is better than the former, right? Anything else they do or that newbs should know?

(Also, and I assume this is vehicle parts pack, there’s apparently an airbag now. Interesting…)[/quote]

5-point has more durability, but it doesn’t have any other advantage over seatbelt.
Airbag is a boat part.

Personaly, I never got hurt when having a collision with a 5-point-harness as opposed to the regular seatbelt - so that might be a thing.

5 point harness is a racing harness. It should ‘hold’ you in place even if a car flips.

I actually go thrown from mine the other day. I lost control kind of impact gas station building and drove 1/2 way through it @ 110mph though. I hit the reinforced windshield. I didn’t take any damage due too good armor.