Seats as containers

Be able to drop stuff in a seat and have it act as a lesser container. Should be true for almost any interior space in a vehicle. Beds too. Of course if it’s acting as a container it shouldn’t be able to do it’s own function.

The first time I had a car before a backpack I threw all my loot into the seat then took off. Was surprised it wasn’t there. So I’m voting for this. At risk of embarrassing myself, how do you store stuff in the car? Drop it on the “trunk” tiles?

Yes, trunk/box tiles can store stuff atm.

hrm… it should actually be fairly trivial to do implementation-wise, just marking seats as containers. Although just to be a jerk I want to add a check that disallows sitting in a seat if it has stuff in it :smiley:

If you do that I’ll make a mobile safehouse.

An aspect of the apocalypse is that you have to make tough decisions about how much stuff you actually need :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of this idea, if only because it’s much cooler to modify a vehicle to suit your needs. Why not take out the seat and install something else?

Mostly because when I think “How much of my stuff should fit in my car?” the answer that comes to mind is “all of it”. I think there’s a point where we should limit the quantity of stuff that fits in a car, but we’re currently nowhere near it.

Now what really needs to happen is fun like a brute bashing your passenger door open and all your stuff you threw on the seat next to you sliding out the side of the car the next time you make a sharp turn :D.

EDIT: Made seats and beds count as containers, and disallowed sitting on a seat with crap in it. Turns out it was simply a matter of adding a flag. I glanced through the test of the vehicle tiles, and nothing jumped out at me as being valid for being used as a container. When I make walkways in vehicles a thing I’ll be sure to let you spread crap all over your vehicle.

Woot! This has been implemented in the current version! Victory! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:7, topic:208”]Mostly because when I think “How much of my stuff should fit in my car?” the answer that comes to mind is “all of it”. I think there’s a point where we should limit the quantity of stuff that fits in a car, but we’re currently nowhere near it.

Now what really needs to happen is fun like a brute bashing your passenger door open and all your stuff you threw on the seat next to you sliding out the side of the car the next time you make a sharp turn :D.

EDIT: Made seats and beds count as containers, and disallowed sitting on a seat with crap in it. Turns out it was simply a matter of adding a flag. I glanced through the test of the vehicle tiles, and nothing jumped out at me as being valid for being used as a container. When I make walkways in vehicles a thing I’ll be sure to let you spread crap all over your vehicle.[/quote]

How much can they hold?

Some as a trunk currently. Don’t fill up the driver’s seat, however. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you make it so I can tie dildos to the front of the car?

You could edit the source code and change blades for dildos.

But it would be necrophilia. Oh and alienphilia. And plantphilia, zoophilia, pedonecrophilia, etc.

Disturbing! You have corrupted my thread, sir!

WHY???

[quote=“Master Darius, post:12, topic:208”]You could edit the source code and change blades for dildos.

But it would be necrophilia. Oh and alienphilia. And plantphilia, zoophilia, pedonecrophilia, etc.[/quote]

Nuf said! :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw. i was just asking why they said that.

Ah. Makes more sense then. :slight_smile: