Tie objects to storage container?

When I want to get in melee combat I tend to drop duffle bags/backpacks as they inhibit my melee. It gets really tedious to drop all the items I don’t need at the moment. If I could assign items to a container with volume, and they would drop/pick up together, that would be great!

This has been long planned, but not implemented yet.

Actually, the suggestion the user said is really simple and easy. “Assign to container” = “Will drop when container is dropped, will be picked up when container is picked up”

Items would assign automatically to any container of the body wich is not full or is capable to save them, and you could reassign them if you wanted to. (And because every container has the storage value included, it should only be a thing af using the number to calcule the storage, and by every item that gets added to the storage, another variable grows. When an item being added makes the variable go over the storage value, it makes it unavaiable)

It would be like this.

Me equips backpack.
Me takes water bottle and puts it in the backpack pockets. (Stuff being autoassigned to the storages.)
Me drops backpack, with the stuff inside it. (Stuff being dropped with the backpack.)
Me takes backpack, it has stuff inside. (Stuff being picked up with the backpack, they should be still assigned to the backpack)
Me puts water bottle in hood’s pockets. (Stuff being reassigned)
Me drops water bottle. (Stuff, when dropped, would be deassigned and would ebcome normal items)

In the inventory, you’d be able to see:

b- water bottle (backpack)
t- granade (hood pockets)
d- wolf corpse (rucksack)
And the items could be re arranged to be listed by container, if that is possible.

Yeah exactly like that! I think it would help reduce some inventory management. Thanks for fleshing out what I was getting at StopSignal.

My pleasure, it is a suggestion i want, so!

Would definitely make it easier to drop a bag if you need to reduce your encumbrance rapidly.

This suggestion has my support. Every time I looked my inventory I loathed I couldn’t manage it in a container-based fashion. Would love to see this asap! :s

[quote=“StopSignal, post:3, topic:5432”]Actually, the suggestion the user said is really simple and easy. “Assign to container” = “Will drop when container is dropped, will be picked up when container is picked up”

Items would assign automatically to any container of the body wich is not full or is capable to save them, and you could reassign them if you wanted to. (And because every container has the storage value included, it should only be a thing af using the number to calcule the storage, and by every item that gets added to the storage, another variable grows. When an item being added makes the variable go over the storage value, it makes it unavaiable)

It would be like this.

Me equips backpack.
Me takes water bottle and puts it in the backpack pockets. (Stuff being autoassigned to the storages.)
Me drops backpack, with the stuff inside it. (Stuff being dropped with the backpack.)
Me takes backpack, it has stuff inside. (Stuff being picked up with the backpack, they should be still assigned to the backpack)
Me drops water bottle. (Stuff, when dropped, would be deassigned and would ebcome normal items)

And the items could be re arranged to be listed by container, if that is possible.[/quote]Oh, and don’t forget:
H- mininuke(active) (trenchcoat)

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:8, topic:5432”][quote=“StopSignal, post:3, topic:5432”]Actually, the suggestion the user said is really simple and easy. “Assign to container” = “Will drop when container is dropped, will be picked up when container is picked up”

It would be like this.

Me equips backpack.

And the items could be re arranged to be listed by container, if that is possible.[/quote]Oh, and don’t forget:
H- mininuke(active) (trenchcoat)[/quote]
That’s what trench-coats are for, storing your mini nukes…active or otherwise.

I think it is a fairly simple system to work with.

Would be nice to be able to sort the inventory by the container, and then have contents of each container listed below them.

Might allow for some organization that is sometimes lacking.

this is roughly what we’ve wanted to do for a while now, slowly the inventory system is getting cleaned up enough for this to happen, but it’s a lot of work.

Another interesting interaction resulting from inventory volume being container specific is that if the container is destroyed in combat the items inside should spill out and be scattered around you.

Good to see it progressing beyond “we’ve wanted it for years”

I still want to be able to put my arrows in my quiver, my pistol in my holster, my sword in its sheath, and to sling my bow around me so I don’t have to carry it.

Or my rifle.

Fantastic! Think we might see it in a month or two? Just curious :slight_smile: Neat stuff going on with Horde implementation by the way.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:15, topic:5432”]I still want to be able to put my arrows in my quiver, my pistol in my holster, my sword in its sheath, and to sling my bow around me so I don’t have to carry it.

Or my rifle.[/quote]

Things like that should give you certain buffs, like better arrow reloading or weapon changing.

I think that holsters, sheaths and slings should allow you to use a weapon without stopping, taking off and opening your backpack while not encumbering you as much.

How about a new hotkey that opens a weapons menu, which includes all weapons you have equipped to holsters/sheaths/slings/etc., allowing you to skip having to sift through your whole inventory.

I prefer buffs to new hotkeys…