Score!

As clothing is damaged there are no adverse effects (Other than having damaged clothing), it is just a sort of durability that determines how close the clothing is to being damaged, and can be easily repaired with a sewing kit to ensure it doesn't get torn off in combat.

oh okay, thats legit.

Good thing too, cause i was being hella anal about swapping out ripped cargo pants for fresh ones, cause my lazy ass don’t know how to sew :P.

Another questiong;

Does Coverage mean how much rain will hit you?
think raincoat was 100 and trench was 95?

Ye eldrich gods, you have many questions.
Coverage is how much the clothing is covering your body.

To elaborate on the clothing coverage, I think it applies in an armor sense. Like a 95% torso coverage means a hit to your torso has a 95% chance it will hit the clothing, 5% chance it will bypass it. Then how much protection you have and the type of attack comes into play.

Ye eldrich gods, you have many questions. Coverage is how much the clothing is covering your body.

Better to know and live, then to die and have never known at all.

Wow this game is in depth, so is there any way to tell how much rain protection something has?
Think raincoat says it has some amount of acid/regular rain protection.
but trench also keeps me dry.

Another question;

Does your swing speed increase with increased skill , like in crawl?

[quote=“StoneCacti, post:2, topic:2954”]Also;

Set of questions.

1. Is there any desert environments in DDA?

2. How many times do you guys die, before deleting your entire persistent world and creating a new one? Or do you?

3. Do harder monsters spawn as days increase?

4. What option settings did you change from default?

5. Can you loot vehicle trunks? Is it worth doing?[/quote]

6. Is there any desert environments in DDA? No but that would be cool to be able to generate a new world with a different tile set as in a desert.

7. How many times do you guys die, before deleting your entire persistent world and creating a new one? Or do you? Just once only. I have it delete my worlds and save upon death as well as hit reset just in-case to get a fresh start each time since I have found my entire stash before so felt like I was cheating haha.

8. Do harder monsters spawn as days increase? I play static more than dynamic so not sure.

9. What option settings did you change from default? Circular to true, viewport width/height to 75/25 for 1600x900 res. Starting time I put to 7 (Might change to 6). I change initial trait points and stat points sometimes but sometimes keep them as default but only when I want to make a specific type of character. Sidebar Style to narrow, Season length to 20-31 depending on my mood and tiles off since there not done and too zoomed in for my taste.

10. Can you loot vehicle trunks? Is it worth doing? I have not found loot in any of the vehicles except for what I put in there. I stopped looking for a good couple weeks now due assuming there was none in them at all though.

[quote=“Necrucifer, post:25, topic:2954”][quote=“StoneCacti, post:2, topic:2954”]Also;

Set of questions.

1. Is there any desert environments in DDA?

2. How many times do you guys die, before deleting your entire persistent world and creating a new one? Or do you?

3. Do harder monsters spawn as days increase?

4. What option settings did you change from default?

5. Can you loot vehicle trunks? Is it worth doing?[/quote]

6. Is there any desert environments in DDA? No but that would be cool to be able to generate a new world with a different tile set as in a desert.

7. How many times do you guys die, before deleting your entire persistent world and creating a new one? Or do you? Just once only. I have it delete my worlds and save upon death as well as hit reset just in-case to get a fresh start each time since I have found my entire stash before so felt like I was cheating haha.

8. Do harder monsters spawn as days increase? I play static more than dynamic so not sure.

9. What option settings did you change from default? Circular to true, viewport width/height to 75/25 for 1600x900 res. Starting time I put to 7 (Might change to 6). I change initial trait points and stat points sometimes but sometimes keep them as default but only when I want to make a specific type of character. Sidebar Style to narrow, Season length to 20-31 depending on my mood and tiles off since there not done and too zoomed in for my taste.

10. Can you loot vehicle trunks? Is it worth doing? I have not found loot in any of the vehicles except for what I put in there. I stopped looking for a good couple weeks now due assuming there was none in them at all though.[/quote]

Love that yellow bold, thanks for the answers bro.

1. Is there any desert environments in DDA? No but that would be cool to be able to generate a new world with a different tile set as in a desert.

For real, wastelands appeal to me, especially desert climates, guess thats cause it rains 370 days out of the year where i live.
Also found DDA colors to be darker then the Roguelike, which isn’t really to my liking. Spent too many hours on those old monitors that loose brightness as a kid.

2. How many times do you guys die, before deleting your entire persistent world and creating a new one? Or do you? Just once only. I have it delete my worlds and save upon death as well as hit reset just in-case to get a fresh start each time since I have found my entire stash before so felt like I was cheating haha.

Yeah, recently just started in a evac shelter with acouple loose items from a previous death, but nothing major. But hell, you did work for the gear either way right? It’s like saving loot in ATMA with diablo 2.
But i agree, fresh start is a must after awhile.

3. Do harder monsters spawn as days increase? I play static more than dynamic so not sure.

So far static spawn has been a love/hate for me. Feels much more intense with all those hard zombies spawned, and not even a steak knife to defend myself with.
With dynamic in the Roguelike, i was always able to collect some pharms and weapons before shit got messy.
Think i’ll keep static on, finding loot is just so much more thrilling this way.

4. What option settings did you change from default? Circular to true, viewport width/height to 75/25 for 1600x900 res. Starting time I put to 7 (Might change to 6). I change initial trait points and stat points sometimes but sometimes keep them as default but only when I want to make a specific type of character. Sidebar Style to narrow, Season length to 20-31 depending on my mood and tiles off since there not done and too zoomed in for my taste.

Viewport!!! i’ve been wanting to change how much i can see at a time, is that cheating though?

Starting time i already changed to 6, it starts out dark for like 200 turns, i like it.

Once i learn how to broadsword well, i’m going to clear our a small section of town, then try to fix up a vehicle… my only experience so far, was getting onto a little moped, and crashing into a grocery store at 60 miles per hour lol.

If you go into your inventory and look at an item, it tells you how many movement points it takes to attack with. I’m pretty sure skill doesn’t impact it.
For reference, moving across a single square of flat ground costs 100 movement points, moving across a broken window or shrub costs 400, swinging a wrench costs 88, and swinging a 31" wide wheel costs 721 (I do not suggest using a wide wheel as a weapon).

I don’t see why anybody would consider this cheating since you can always use e’x’amine to look hundreds of feet in every direction simultaneously.

When it comes to clearing out an area, I tend to start off earlier on by finding about 60-80 storage, then picking up 30 rocks. Then I break into a house using a crowbar, and smash open a window facing towards the town center.
As the zombies approach I start throwing rocks out the window at them, when one climbs in the window I beat him to death with the crowbar, if I start to get overwhelmed (read: run out of rocks) I run through the house, out the back, then run around to the other side and grab up all the rocks and proceed to throw them all at the remaining zombies.
Do not try to pick up a huge pile of rocks all at once, each item picked up costs movement, you may end up inadvertently committing suicide.

Always remember to butcher and loot zombies, you can get a lot of great stuff off of them.

If you go into your inventory and look at an item, it tells you how many movement points it takes to attack with. I’m pretty sure skill doesn’t impact it.
For reference, moving across a single square of flat ground costs 100 movement points, moving across a broken window or shrub costs 400, swinging a wrench costs 88, and swinging a 31" wide wheel costs 721 (I do not suggest using a wide wheel as a weapon).

I don’t see why anybody would consider this cheating since you can always use e’x’amine to look hundreds of feet in every direction simultaneously.

When it comes to clearing out an area, I tend to start off earlier on by finding about 60-80 storage, then picking up 30 rocks. Then I break into a house using a crowbar, and smash open a window facing towards the town center.
As the zombies approach I start throwing rocks out the window at them, when one climbs in the window I beat him to death with the crowbar, if I start to get overwhelmed (read: run out of rocks) I run through the house, out the back, then run around to the other side and grab up all the rocks and proceed to throw them all at the remaining zombies.
Do not try to pick up a huge pile of rocks all at once, each item picked up costs movement, you may end up inadvertently committing suicide.

Always remember to butcher and loot zombies, you can get a lot of great stuff off of them.[/quote]

Thanks Weyrling, always great posts!

Rofl, never even seen a 31" yet!
4 turns DAMN, thought it was more like 200… no wonder zed dogs tear me apart in windows.
I remembered seeing the movement cost for swinging, broadsword is like 120? But yeah, was wondering if that can ever decrease based on upping any skills. In crawl it’s important to get max skill for min delay on a weap.

[b]I don’t see why anybody would consider this cheating since you can always use e’x’amine to look hundreds of feet in every direction simultaneously.

Do not try to pick up a huge pile of rocks all at once, each item picked up costs movement, you may end up inadvertently committing suicide.[/b]

That a badass tactic blood!! Shit, even sounds fun…

Thanks for clearing that up, if you use any matter of widening your screen size on Diablo 2, the d2 singleplayer forum i use to frequent calls you a cheater.
But it makes sense, cause you can see monsters before they can aggro/see you.

Another Question;

Found a hella cash military wreck site.

Found belt rigs, packaged Law Rocket, mysterious black box that better tell me some cool shit, like where a katana is.

Should i wade around in the sharp metal to find other hidden goodies? or is there a better way to do it? Lots of blue spots still left in the middle of the wreckage, not anywhere reachable.

Will it only cut my legs? cause my head is like at 39 right now.

[quote=“StoneCacti, post:29, topic:2954”]Another Question;

Found belt rigs, packaged Law Rocket, mysterious black box that better tell me some cool shit, like where a katana is.

Should i wade around in the sharp metal to find other hidden goodies? or is there a better way to do it? Lots of blue spots still left in the middle of the wreckage, not anywhere reachable.

Will it only cut my legs? cause my head is like at 39 right now.[/quote]

Black Box is only useful if you’ve got a quest for one. (Flight data recorder sort of black box–you know, the ones that are actually orange.) Sorry.

Hit V for a description of all the items around. As for what the wreckage cuts, I think it can hit anything. Best to come back with a shovel or something similar, which’ll let you clean up the wreckage (into metal parts, great for crafting) and safe up the path.

Speaking of wreckage, a downed helicopter could be the reason you ran into a lone military zombie out in the woods.

Wreckage will only damage your legs (Feet specifically) so if you have boots or steeltoed boots you’re unlikely to even notice anything other than the movement speed penalty.

Huh. Could’ve sworn I took arm damage from wreckage once. Probably confusing it with broken window or something.

:-/

It might have been different in a previous version, but I just ran a test in experimental Windows(SDL) I DLed a few days ago, running back and forth barefoot over a pile of wreckage for a few minutes and I nearly broke both of my legs, but the rest of me was still 100%.

[quote=“KA101, post:30, topic:2954”][quote=“StoneCacti, post:29, topic:2954”]Another Question;

Will it only cut my legs? cause my head is like at 39 right now.[/quote]

Black Box is only useful if you’ve got a quest for one. (Flight data recorder sort of black box–you know, the ones that are actually orange.) Sorry.

Hit V for a description of all the items around. As for what the wreckage cuts, I think it can hit anything. Best to come back with a shovel or something similar, which’ll let you clean up the wreckage (into metal parts, great for crafting) and safe up the path.[/quote]

Aw damn, was hoping it was some kind of army treasure map.

Hit V for a description of all the items around. As for what the wreckage cuts, I think it can hit anything. Best to come back with a shovel or something similar, which’ll let you clean up the wreckage (into metal parts, great for crafting) and safe up the path.

Great idea! usually only think to use V at my stash.
and a shovel! Thats what i needed, man this game has a trick for everything.

Another question;

Anyone ever created multiple characters on the same map, each with unique skills to help each other?

Like create a buff solider character to go out and score books/aid for a science character to build turrents, and another that secures the perimeter with with construction and creates vehicles.

Guess, depending on map size, you would have to try multiple attempts at getting evac shelters near each other.

Theoretically possible, but they can’t all “exist” at the same time. If your soldier is currently active, the construction worker isn’t around.

Pthalocy found (or at least theorized) that this quantum-jumping could ultimately be harnessed for such things as saving a fellow character from being trapped in a fire. Save (trapped in the fire, ideally before inhaling smoke). Then, sending in a different character to watch the place burn down from the outside, then saving, then load in the formerly trapped character, would then leave the no-longer-trapped character standing in the wreckage, otherwise in the condition xe was in when xe saved.

:slight_smile:

[quote=“KA101, post:37, topic:2954”]Theoretically possible, but they can’t all “exist” at the same time. If your soldier is currently active, the construction worker isn’t around.

Pthalocy found (or at least theorized) that this quantum-jumping could ultimately be harnessed for such things as saving a fellow character from being trapped in a fire. Save (trapped in the fire, ideally before inhaling smoke). Then, sending in a different character to watch the place burn down from the outside, then saving, then load in the formerly trapped character, would then leave the no-longer-trapped character standing in the wreckage, otherwise in the condition xe was in when xe saved.

:-)[/quote]

Well said, do you play the science type characters?

But, theoretically speaking, it would be as if;

Whenever a character is doing something important, you take control of him.
While all the other times, the characters are just lounging around, and happily not eating anything,
or drinking precious water lol.

Kind of like, each character is in hibernation/sleep whenever another character has a mission to do.

Mechanic makes a vehicle,
Solider takes vehicle to town for supplies,
Scientist take said supplies and makes sweet mutagens.
All three get drunk on mutations and grow extra appendages ;).

Also, there has a to be a chemically imbalanced, schizophreniac,
unemployed pothead who collects wild mushrooms and slips them into the food supply.
But that goes without saying.

Another question;

Where can i light a fire in the rain?

Cause dropping a sewer and wasting a flame for 1 cooked meat is teh suck.

anything flammable? bushes, heavy sticks, trees, houses, zombie corpses, strike a match, if you find a hotplate and a decent supply of batteries you’ll be cookin up wherever you want though.