Score!

Problem is, if i light more then a skewer or two, my lungs start murdering me.

So i’m reduced to;

drop 1-2 skewer
light
craft 1 cooked meat
fire goes out

and if you have 10+ meat, it’s time consuming and a waste of matches.

Am i doing it wrong?

Problem is, if i light more then a skewer or two, my lungs start murdering me.

So i’m reduced to;

drop 1-2 skewer
light
craft 1 cooked meat
fire goes out

and if you have 10+ meat, it’s time consuming and a waste of matches.

Am i doing it wrong?[/quote]

a shrub, or heavy stick lasts me a little while, you just need to light up something that burns longer, kinda goes without saying that in enclosed spaces, lighting up fires is problematic, if you plan to do a lot of cooking in tight places, hunt down a hotplate. fires are best kept in the great outdoors, (though, be careful if you accidentally raze an entire forest, I’ve done that before)

Or build a wood stove or stone fireplace. Braziers are fairly simple and contain fire, but put out a lot of smoke.

(If you have access to a window you can open & close: set up the brazier outside it, load and light whilst in the window tile, then back up and close the window. You can still use the fire but don’t get smoked.)

[quote=“KA101, post:43, topic:2954”]Or build a wood stove or stone fireplace. Braziers are fairly simple and contain fire, but put out a lot of smoke.

(If you have access to a window you can open & close: set up the brazier outside it, load and light whilst in the window tile, then back up and close the window. You can still use the fire but don’t get smoked.)[/quote]

Kickass trick!

Swear I’ve almost lit a fire in the house like 10 times.
This game loves to rain. Think the start locations are near seattle.

alternatively alternatively, put some gear on that protects against smoke, gas masks do, filter masks do , dust masks… Might help, but probably best to use something better.

Good idea!

Actually thought of that in a few games back, but died before trying it.

Then forgot all about it.

Chemical grade gas mask would be legit, not sure if they are in game though.

Yeah, they are. I insist that people have one on hand before they do anything serious in Mines.

Mine entrances are actually a good place to find them.

Mine entrances are actually a good place to find them.[/quote]

Uh, yeah, that’s why I said “anything serious”. Checking out the bottom of the shaft is not serious. :stuck_out_tongue:

Even a bandana or scarf helps significantly with smoke inhalation.