!science!

But a plastic pen can pierce a human skull :smiley:

!!SCIENCE!! needed:

At what level of throwing does trash become lethal? (wrappers, thread, bone, magazines etc etc)

Heh, Reminds me of this,

Heh, Reminds me of this,

Ah, good old dwarf fort. Nothing quite like jamming a necromancer’s severed arm up his own ass after beating his legions so goddamn hard there’s nothing left but scraps of reanimated hair and skin trying to strangle my militia’s cute dwarven ankles.

+1500kg + 15-20 mph ( i don’t know anything about the silly kph conversion) and I can ‘reliably’ (65%) propel a chassis through a town.

I’m working on perfecting this new weapon.

1 mile ~ 1.6 kilometers. This is not Fahrenheit for crying out loud. You add three fifths. >_>

i’m american. I don’t have to care! (this is of course FALSE. it was merely a funny and the fact that I’m lazy this late in my work night)

Seriously, fuck Fahrenheit.

Seriously, fuck Fahrenheit.[/quote]

hay now, not all americans are tarded. I can switch between F and C without much of a problem! I just like F more :stuck_out_tongue:

“The metric system is for all people, for all time.”

What temperature does water boil at? 100*C.
Does anyone actually ever think of that in terms of farenheit?
Fahrenheit is only used in places where the glorious metric regime hasn’t conquered yet.

I blame public education and my general laziness for not learning the conversions.

“The metric system is for all people, for all time.”

What temperature does water boil at? 100*C.
Does anyone actually ever think of that in terms of farenheit?
Fahrenheit is only used in places where the glorious metric regime hasn’t conquered yet.[/quote]
Though that depends on atmospheric pressure too.

What makes a good fire that lasts long and doesn’t burn you?

Shrubs. Throw a piece of wood in it, set it on fire and stand a few tiles away (it’ll create a 3x3 fire centered on the shrub.)

But a plastic pen can pierce a human skull :D
Nope. After all, it will surely wiggle around so much, with it's crude aerodynamics and air-filled structure. Think of a lighter instead, disregard Myrphy's for a minute. But a ball-pen might make an impact, given the velocity. That is, a nice one I have. Other than that, I considered a ball made out of led, a small one that fell off some wheel. I think it could crack heads, but more importantly it could shatter some fingers, pierce a lung and so on.

Shrubs. Throw a piece of wood in it, set it on fire and stand a few tiles away (it’ll create a 3x3 fire centered on the shrub.)[/quote]

That seems to burn down pretty quickly too.

Want to increase your melee weapon skill quickly? Drive a car in a building and try hitting rodents trapped in the rubble. They can’t move, but you still miss most of the time. I managed to kill a bear this way.

[quote=“vultures, post:35, topic:1276”]

But a plastic pen can pierce a human skull :smiley:

Nope. After all, it will surely wiggle around so much[/quote]

That was the problem with the coin:
Coin/Pen
| |
\ |

•  |

/ |
| |

I considered a ball made out of led, a small one that fell off some wheel. I think it could crack heads, but more importantly it could shatter some fingers, pierce a lung and so on.

Shot is only good at extreme velocities (See: Firearms)
When it slows down to natural speeds you end up with a bad bruise or, in the worst/best case, a punctured eye.

Look at a BB gun, you know those toys than leave a bruise…those give more velocity than gravity.

Or you could do it at room temperature if you put it in a sturdy, airtight container and continuously pump out the air/gas.

The whole case of scientific study was wrapped around mere mass - so if you leave some coins on the edge and they slip - you cannot do some serious damage. Really, it was featured in the media.
But if a 7mm diameter led ball slipped from a plane, it’s a whole different tale. Same goes for dropping small metal tools and stell/iron screws from a 10+ story building, it’s very dangerous.