Doth thou even Raid?

Claps hands together

So, it has recently come to my attention that players with decent stats, can clear out an apartment tower without too much trouble on the first day.

So, this got me thinking,
The people this forum, are, like me, utterly deranged and thus must have worked out insanely effective methods for raiding and clearing out areas. And more so, a good chunk of them likely have done this with incredibly stupid, incredibly amusing restrictions.

So please my fellow Survivors, tell us the stories of your raids past, both those gone awry and those that went beautifully, so we may laugh and learn, and other pretentious things like that.

I once took on a rat cave with a duffle bag full of dead rats. Threw em at the other rats and got more rats. Even took out the Rat king.

dropped an apartment complex on a hulk once, it was funny.

I managed to clear out a FEMA camp on day one recently. Lured a zombie soldier over a trap cluster, took his gun and ammo, shot some more zombie soldiers and got more guns and ammo, and the rest was pretty much cleaning up.

I also once managed to take out a rat cave with the electroshock bionic, but practically crippled myself with the sheer amount of electricity arcing back to me.

How about fending off 20 zombies with nothing but your fists, day one, by making them walk over metal wreckages?

Or laying a trail of sticks and lighting them behind you, burning the zombie hulk until it dies!

Molotov Cocktails! Pure beauty. Get a group of zombies chasing after you and throw one down. Watch them all run in to the fire! The drawbacks are kind of obvious, you might burn something and or your self and or the whole town/area down. But it’s effective if you’re safe and in control of the situation.

There was a town that had a couple of libraries I was eager to get to, and started carefully clearing out the Zeds in the area. One home next to the library had about a half a dozen Zeds, and rather than manually take them out, I figured I’d just start a fire at the backdoor and let nature do its trick.

I returned a couple days later and not only was that house in the middle of a raging fire, so was my library!! Noooooooooo…

I did manage to get to the other library before the fire spread further, but that was pretty hilarious.

I had a flatbed truck which was my baby. I went to a megastore, school, and a mansion with it and just drove circles around them running over all the zombies that decided to leave their safety only to feel the big steel bumper of death. not super exciting but come on theyre zombies I dont want to get close to them they have cooties and who knows what else.

if you find it easy, jack up the zombie spawns. I tend to start with 4x and then jack them up. gotten as high as 30x by later game.

Got sick of my spandex-like leather armor suit that zombies slice through as it was peanut butter, and hiding behind broken windows too. Rigged the two-wheeler ride, siphoned some juice from an Ambulance and honked my way into trouble. Fifty or so answered my warcry; my metal bat sang the song of drive-by spanking for about an hour; the spring evening went silent.
They were so stunned most of the time I thought the bushes were laughing with me, though I left one Feral Hunter alive to tell the tale.

Approached some kind of military bunker, (if I remember it correctly) equipped my filter mask, threw smoke 'nades to blind the turrets, and started running for the entrance.

Smoke didn’t work nearly as well as I thought. I was about halfway through the entryway when several of the little bastards spotted me, started firing their machine guns from one tile away.

I got turned into swiss cheese in seconds.

Hate turrets. Hate hate hate hate hate hate

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:10, topic:3993”]Approached some kind of military bunker, (if I remember it correctly) equipped my filter mask, threw smoke 'nades to blind the turrets, and started running for the entrance.

Smoke didn’t work nearly as well as I thought. I was about halfway through the entryway when several of the little bastards spotted me, started firing their machine guns from one tile away.

I got turned into swiss cheese in seconds.

Hate turrets. Hate hate hate hate hate hate[/quote]

Recently I started playing stalker with the new Misery mod, and it has given me newfound appreciation to instant death. Try it out some time, it will make those turrets alot less threatening.

In truth i dont do much but clear out towns during the day, then loot them as the sun sets or the next day. Particularly large towns i will just go block by block marking on my map where the goodies and the hordes are.

my attempts usually go like this

(optional: find binocs)
run through town
find working vehicle
drive though town
keep note of what I can see through windows
annotate abuse on the map
run over zombies
drive reality bubble over to the edge of the town/out of town
walk back around and gather loot at night

of course, it never works like that, usually ends with catastrophic vehicle failure, or incredible numbers of special zombie spawns

[quote=“Luissen, post:12, topic:3993”]my attempts usually go like this

run through town
find working vehicle
drive though town[/quote]

Last time i tried to go through town my bicycle lost both its wheels and i ended up at the foot of a brute. Won’t make that mistake again!

I cleared out a house.

[quote=“Protester, post:13, topic:3993”][quote=“Luissen, post:12, topic:3993”]my attempts usually go like this

run through town
find working vehicle
drive though town[/quote]

Last time i tried to go through town my bicycle lost both its wheels and i ended up at the foot of a brute. Won’t make that mistake again![/quote]

vehicles that lack cabs or otherwise enclosures to protect you from the elements/things you hit tend to be poor choices for ramming

Shockers are the bane of any vehicle user, and the bane of my existence. They move faster than you on foot, they’re remarkably tough to kill, and they they’ll hit you with their stupid little electricity no matter where you are.

HNNNNNG

[Shocking intensifys]

Shockers are the bane of any vehicle user, and the bane of my existence. They move faster than you on foot, they’re remarkably tough to kill, and they they’ll hit you with their stupid little electricity no matter where you are.

HNNNNNG[/quote]

When do we get NBC seals on vehicles… XD

… …I wonder…

maybe when we get tanks?

For me the only efficient way of clearing out zeds in buildings is to lure them over furniture making them slower and more vulnerable, that’s it :stuck_out_tongue: