School Scenario [Merged]

So, I had an idea upon noticing the wide array of student-themed professions, and figure I’d test it out before possibly submitting it to Github.

},{
    "type": "scenario",
    "ident": "schools_out",
    "name": "School",
    "points" : -1,
    "description": "You were at school when the principal shambled in and ate one of the students, and before you knew it the entire campus was overrun by monsters.  Guess school's out forever.",
    "allowed_locs" : ["school"],
    "professions" : ["student", "elementary_student", "skaterkid", "jdelinquent", "prep_student", "jr_survivalist", "bionic_student", "poor_student", "dodgeball_player", "science_club_mem", "av_club_mem", "janitor", "teacher", "gym_teacher"],
    "start_name": "School"
  },{
  },{
    "type" : "start_location",
    "ident" : "school",
    "name" : "School",
    "target" : "school_5"
  }

This about sums up what I had in mind. But the first thing I had to test before posting this was whether a school tile was a valid candidate for a starting location. I’d tried and failed to add odd starting locations in the past. Luckily it worked without any problems.

Point cost suggestions and any other advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: Merged. Yaaay.

Add a flag, “HIDING”, where you’re shut off in a bathroom stall or locker or something, and somehow have to wait for your chance to make a run for it :slight_smile:

Also, zombie Van Halen cameo.

That would be entertaining, but I’m not enough of a coderdragon to add such shenanigans. ;A;

EDIT: Is up.

One thing in schools bother me greatly.
Why are they full of children zeds?
One thought that schools would be the first place to be closed when things start to hit fan.
Do they only have boarding schools in the future?

[quote=“troll from behind, post:4, topic:9922”]One thing in schools bother me greatly.
Why are they full of children zeds?
One thought that schools would be the first place to be closed when things start to hit fan.
Do they only have boarding schools in the future?[/quote]

In my view the schools would have been the first places infected, and probably mass deployment of the ALPHA and MEDICAL serum was to begin in the schools(remember they were the two serums marked APPROVED), as schools actually contain mutagen a fair bit of the time. On kid OD’ing on cocaine, and “bam” zombie-filled school.

Plus remember that the government was in denial about just how much the situation was out of control. The idea seems to be that by the time they start declaring martial law and setting up checkpoints to lock down the area, things were already beginning to spiral out of control. o3o

I’ve actually always thought how weird it was to have student profession and yet not a school scenario.
I’d be cool if the regional schools spawned things like baseball bats in lockers or even have mini dojos in their school gym. (School gyms should happen!)

Anyways I want to see this scenario concept added into the game.

We’d need variant schools for that, I suspect. If such a thing exists, I will presumably add that to the starting locations unless someone does so.

For now I’ll hope this gets merged. o3o

Shouldn’t that be Alice Cooper? And if he’s a zombie now, how are we going to be able to tell?

Derp. We need more zombie musicians, yeah. Though personally, my vote is on Rob Zombie first, obvious joke is obvious.

Though maybe more mundane school zombies would be better fit for this mod. Like the occasional scientist and technician zombie as teachers and janitors, respectively. XP

What about all the classic groups?
Sports = tough
Cheerleaders = shrieker/swimmer
Nerds = Gone, too much internet, ran to the hills

Hmm, would be amusing. owo