Scenario Oversights

Perhaps milspec turrets should be able to see through some or all of the smoke (I can whip up a custom sight function fairly easily).

Even worse, I’d actually expect milspec to use IR, but for less than total “screw you player”, maybe only put something like that in extra advanced facilities. (plus it makes the spotlights kind of pointless)

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:21, topic:7176”]Perhaps milspec turrets should be able to see through some or all of the smoke (I can whip up a custom sight function fairly easily).

Even worse, I’d actually expect milspec to use IR, but for less than total “screw you player”, maybe only put something like that in extra advanced facilities. (plus it makes the spotlights kind of pointless)[/quote]

I want apply mud on the skin action, then :slight_smile:

Btw, how turrets do friend foe recognition? I guess that they don’t right now and attack player exclusively, but shouldn’t they attack Zeds too? With exception of military zeds, if they are able to identify them as friends somehow?

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:21, topic:7176”]Perhaps milspec turrets should be able to see through some or all of the smoke (I can whip up a custom sight function fairly easily).

Even worse, I’d actually expect milspec to use IR, but for less than total “screw you player”, maybe only put something like that in extra advanced facilities. (plus it makes the spotlights kind of pointless)[/quote]

there is some invisibility gear, so there is another reason for there to be atleast 1 IR turret/sensor at any really important place.

[quote=“Nathan_, post:23, topic:7176”][quote=“Kevin Granade, post:21, topic:7176”]Perhaps milspec turrets should be able to see through some or all of the smoke (I can whip up a custom sight function fairly easily).

there is some invisibility gear, so there is another reason for there to be atleast 1 IR turret/sensor at any really important place.[/quote]

if its IR sensors though, they should be fooled by heat.
Like, shutting down the IR sensor system in the event of massive heat (fire) as it would be useless anyway

EDIT
There is also the ultrasound system, that won’t be fooled by fires, but it might by vision blocking instruments. (get in, drop the bomb, get out: turret dead)

Couldn’t both systems be used in turrents? Maybe half the important ones are IR, the other half ultrasound? This way the player won’t be sure what he is against. He will have to test them somehow first. (for this they will have to become test-able somehow = react to stimulus other than the player)