Scabbard "slash" proc rate?

I’ve been enjoying a broadsword build, and I’ve noticed on occasion when I draw my sword it sometimes asks which direction I want to slash, but not always. At first I thought it was only when I was near enough to an enemy, but more trials have shown that’s not quite enough. I can’t seem to get it to happen often, so I’m wondering what the percentage is. My melee skill is at 11 and my cutting weapons is at 10, so it feels like it should happen more frequently if it has to do with your skill but I haven’t noticed it happening more frequently.

Any help would be appreciated!

1. Weapon needs to have a proper flag
  2. You need cutting weapon skill above 6
  3. one in (12 - cutting skill) chance of it procing

So with cutting weapons at 10, you should have a 50% chance of it procing.
It won’t ask you which monster to strike if there is only one.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:8181”]1. Weapon needs to have a proper flag
2. You need cutting weapon skill above 6
3. one in (12 - cutting skill) chance of it procing

So with cutting weapons at 10, you should have a 50% chance of it procing.
It won’t ask you which monster to strike if there is only one.[/quote]

Which weapons have the flag?

Nevermind, I found the appropriate json file. Thanks for your help!

So 12 cutting weapon skill will result in a 100% chance of performing the draw-slash?
Also, is there any benefit to performing a draw-slash? Enhanced damage or anything like that?

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:4, topic:8181”]So 12 cutting weapon skill will result in a 100% chance of performing the draw-slash?
Also, is there any benefit to performing a draw-slash? Enhanced damage or anything like that?[/quote]
You get an extra turn of attack.

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:4, topic:8181”]So 12 cutting weapon skill will result in a 100% chance of performing the draw-slash?
Also, is there any benefit to performing a draw-slash? Enhanced damage or anything like that?[/quote]

So that’s why I always did it at 23+ melee/cutting…

It makes you look cooler

It makes you look cooler[/quote]