Slowness every 30 minutes & other stuff 2013.1.13

2013.1.13 version. Windows XP.
Did not have this using the 2013.1.05 version.

Every 30 minutes there is a pause. It gets progressively longer as I play.
I’m in autumn now and the pause is over 10 seconds.
Sleeping takes over 3 minutes now.

Other bugs/features/balances:
You can cook rotten meat.
Once I remove a window pane I can’t destroy or rebuild the window. This is using the 2 step construction option where the last option is window pane. Have not tried the option using curtains.

1. That’s the autosave, you can disable it in the options menu (? key then the 2 key)

2. Working on fixing that one.

3. You need to have all of the materials required for the first stage of construction too, it’s annoying, but I’m working on fixing it.

Actually, autosave is broken; it won’t turn off.

I’m on it.

Great!
I guessed it was autosaving after making the post.
So it is saving every 30 minutes even while sleeping/crafting/reading?

Yep. It could probably need some refining in how it works, but for now it’s just been updated to respect the autosave setting.

Actually, I ended up refining it a little. It now won’t save if you’re still, or in a vehicle.

Cool, maybe that will help with the “load in from crash to find no vehicle under yourself” bug.

RE: window cannot be rebuild.

With all the tools I managed to put back the window pane.
Initially the window had curtains, I only took off the glass pane and not the curtains.
Now it has no curtains after I put back the glass.

Never will you expect to care about curtains in an apocalypse but a man’s got to have some privacy.

Woo! I’m a full member, too bad I can’t be given a troll status though.

[quote=“redpanda, post:8, topic:101”]RE: window cannot be rebuild.

With all the tools I managed to put back the window pane.
Initially the window had curtains, I only took off the glass pane and not the curtains.
Now it has no curtains after I put back the glass.

Never will you expect to care about curtains in an apocalypse back a man’s got to have some privacy.[/quote]
Curtains are still work in progress, so there’s going to be weird behaviour like that.