Rocks vanishing

Yo! Long time lurker.

Is anyone else having issues picking up rocks? I’m quite far into the game. Updated to the newest release, suddenly any rocks i pick up are not added to my inventory, they just vanish.

1 Like

Noticed the same issue yesterday on one of my characters, all picked up rocks simply disappeared.

Awesome. Sounds like its not just me then. I thought it might be a rare mod conflict.

For a record, list of all mods I’m using in my worlds (extracted from config/user-default-mods):

• “Cata++”
  • “Medieval_Stuff”
  • “More_Survival_Tools”
  • “blazemod”, “Tanks”
  • “Tolerate_This”
  • “alt_map_key”
  • “bio_mod”
  • “boats”
  • “deoxymod”
  • “filthy_morale”
  • “makeshift”
  • “more_classes_scenarios”
  • “mutant_npcs”
  • “national_guard_camp”
  • “no_npc_food”
  • “novitamins”
  • “realguns”
  • “Mining_Mod”

“dda”,
“filthy_morale”,
“no_npc_food”,
“novitamins”,
“craftgp”,
“safeautodoc”,
“brightnights”,
“bio_mod”,
“realguns”,
“ew_pack”,
“makeshift”,
“Medieval_Stuff”,
“More_Survival_Tools”,
“alt_map_key”,
“mutant_npcs”,
“npc_traits”,
“more_locations”,
“boats”,
“deoxymod”,
“blazemod”,
“Tanks”,
“no_religious_Texts”,
“No_Acid_Zombies”,
“No_Fungi”,
“more_classes_scenarios”,
“RL_Classes”,
“no_reviving_zombies”
]

had same issue. posted own thread before someone pointed me to this one

mods as below

[
“dda”,
“filthy_morale”,
“no_npc_food”,
“novitamins”,
“Medieval_Stuff”,
“More_Survival_Tools”,
“mutant_npcs”,
“npc_traits”,
“boats”,
“deoxymod”,
“blazemod”,
“StatsThroughSkills”,
“Veggies”
]

To add more info I tested a few things, and I can still move rocks around through the advanced inventory screen (/), and they do appear in my inventory. However they appear in the Ammo section, whereas before this issue I remember them appearing in the weapons category.

Can transport them into a vehicle with advanced inventory, but trying to get them out of the vehicle through quick pickup fails (advanced still works)

Having a rock in inventory while picking more up doesn’t help, so it doesn’t seem to be related to stacking.

If you drop rocks in your inventory with multidrop it works fine, so it’s solely related to rock pickup.

Also, I’m not sure how, but I somehow managed to get two stacks of rocks in my inventory. 1 stack currently has 5 and the other 1. If I pick up more rocks they go to the 5 rock stack. no idea how I managed that

Why not just try with different mods enabled? I suppose I could try a few of those mods, but I might not have all of them.

Here is the list of mods all three of us have running

blazemod
boats
deoxymod
filthy_morale
Medieval_Stuff
More_Survival_Tools
mutant_npcs
no_npc_food
novitamins

It seems likely that it’s a problem in one of those, so if we’re checking mods, here’s where to start.

More survival, and medieval I’d check because of crafting scripts. Deoxy I’m unfamiliar with.

Does this happen every time you pick up a rock or just sometimes?

I tested:
boats
filthy_morale
Medieval_Stuff
More_Survival_tools
mutant_npcs
no_npc_food
novitamins

But could not replicate your problem. I tried picking up rocks by 'e’xamining them, using the ‘g’ key, using an autopickup rule, and using advanced inventory. In all situations the rocks appeared in my inventory. I attempted this several times.

I did not test Deoxy or Blazemod because I don’t have either of those and didn’t want to go through the trouble. Don’t know if this helps you or not. If I had to take a guess I’d point you at Blazemod.

Oh, and I also couldn’t replicate this on a vanilla world, so I do believe it’s connected to a mod.

Then again, if it’s an intermittent problem I may just have been unlucky in trying to reproduce it.

Fyi to all involved. It appears to be caused by a change in item category mid game. Newly spawned rocks ar least for me are now pickupable and go in a different item section with different tags. Had to traverse a long way to trigger this.

1 Like

Mea culpa, then. Rocks got moved to ammo category so that blazemod slingshot cannons could fire them, and that’s a recent change.

Appreciate the confirmation. Much thanks! Just gla to know the why.

Got some bad news: I was able to reproduce this bug (some of the time) but I don’t have the blazemod mod enabled (just Dark Days Ahead, Tall Buildings, Vehicle Additions Pack, Tanks and Other Vehicles, Boats, Folding Parts, Filthy Clothing, Mutant NPCs, No Flaming Weapons, No Survivor Armor, and NPC traits)

I loaded up my recent game, walked over and picked up two rocks (without any problems), but then any new rocks just didn’t appear in my inventory. I did look, and while they were on the ground they appeared in the ‘AMMO’ category, and when I pushed ‘e’ and then ‘a’ (to select the rock), the weight and volume estimates updated to reflect what my weight and volume would be after picking up the rock, but when I pressed ‘enter’, nothing happened, except that the rock disappeared from the ground.

I have a 10MB RARed save file if anyone would like to look at it, but don’t know the best way to get it to you.

Vehicle addition pack is blazemod.

Can confirm. spawned in some via debug, and got another searching through underbrush. both were able to be picked up normally