Stuff dissapearing

I’ve encountered this strange issue - i seem to lose items from inventory every time i update to the latest experimental (which i do pretty much every day).

At first i thought that maybe i have forgotten them somewhere, seeing how sometimes items tend to drop outside of vehicle even if i am inside and i have enough space on the tile i am standing in.

But this time i lost all the mods installed on my rifle and i am pretty sure i didn’t remove them myself. It’s not a big deal, since at this point in the game i can make hundreds of other mods, but i wouldn’t want to lose something i can’t easily replace (this means anything i can’t craft yet, like my couple of quantum solar panels).

Would i be better off not installing the latest experimental? But they really make the game more comfortable to play.

AFAIK, there are no changes that would prevent smooth transitions between the builds of the experimental versions (I’m doing that all the time as well).

Does this happens to weapon attachments only or is the problem more general ? If you have all that stuff attached to your rifle and it suddenly disappears, this might be a bug.

Items shouldn’t be lost inside the car as well (unless the target square capacity is exhausted).

[quote=“tvm, post:2, topic:9808”]AFAIK, there are no changes that would prevent smooth transitions between the builds of the experimental versions (I’m doing that all the time as well).

Does this happens to weapon attachments only or is the problem more general ? If you have all that stuff attached to your rifle and it suddenly disappears, this might be a bug.

Items shouldn’t be lost inside the car as well (unless the target square capacity is exhausted).[/quote]

It only happened once to mods installed, i usually lose some stuff in inventory or in vehicle, but i used to think i just dropped them accidentally on the floor instead of vehicle cargo and forgot them when i moved to another place, but the mods disappearing got me wondering whether it’s a bug.

for example i remember crafting a firearm repair kit and improving my weapon with it and the next day it’s nowhere to be found.

Playing the dd393ca build, I’ve got a very similar bug that may or may not be connected. Items that are on the surface (But [Indoors]) seem to be randomly taking damage, doesn’t seem to be limited to one material type, but some materials take damage while others don’t, it’s very strange and I really don’t understand what’s going on. At first I thought it was connected to tool-usage and some kind of “degrades as you use it” situation, but then I noticed rags, leather patches, books, all of them degrading.

UPDATE: More stuff decaying, still no apparent cause. I’ve packed up a [SAVE GAME] in a .RAR file.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:4, topic:9808”]Playing the dd393ca build, I’ve got a very similar bug that may or may not be connected. Items that are on the surface (But [Indoors]) seem to be randomly taking damage, doesn’t seem to be limited to one material type, but some materials take damage while others don’t, it’s very strange and I really don’t understand what’s going on. At first I thought it was connected to tool-usage and some kind of “degrades as you use it” situation, but then I noticed rags, leather patches, books, all of them degrading.

UPDATE: More stuff decaying, still no apparent cause. I’ve packed up a [SAVE GAME] in a .RAR file.[/quote]

Thanks for the save. Do you use any mods or non-standard settings ?

I can’t replicate the behaviour if I wait endlessly trying your save.

Can you describe steps to replicate the bug with the save you provided ?

[quote=“tvm, post:5, topic:9808”][quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:4, topic:9808”]Playing the dd393ca build, I’ve got a very similar bug that may or may not be connected. Items that are on the surface (But [Indoors]) seem to be randomly taking damage, doesn’t seem to be limited to one material type, but some materials take damage while others don’t, it’s very strange and I really don’t understand what’s going on. At first I thought it was connected to tool-usage and some kind of “degrades as you use it” situation, but then I noticed rags, leather patches, books, all of them degrading.

UPDATE: More stuff decaying, still no apparent cause. I’ve packed up a [SAVE GAME] in a .RAR file.[/quote]

Thanks for the save. Do you use any mods or non-standard settings ?

I can’t replicate the behaviour if I wait endlessly trying your save.

Can you describe steps to replicate the bug with the save you provided ?[/quote]

If I remember correctly I had the Z-Levels, Vehicle Additions, and Icesomething’s weapon pack active, and when I went down into the lab, picked things up, and came back out certain things would be gone, others damaged further.

It’s worth mentioning since posting the save I downloaded an updated version of the game and am currently running the cdfc26a build with the vehicle additions pack and I’m no longer getting this bug.