Rivtech Facility

[quote=“Frostwood, post:20, topic:6434”]Now that Z-level basic work(and assorted bugs), its back to Rivtech. I redesigned the facility to be 5x5. with a new sketch:

The blue and white checkerboard is just so i can see the grid more clearly, for symmetrical purposes.[/quote]

I thought z levels only go down?

[quote=“mineforce, post:21, topic:6434”][quote=“Frostwood, post:20, topic:6434”]Now that Z-level basic work(and assorted bugs), its back to Rivtech. I redesigned the facility to be 5x5. with a new sketch:

The blue and white checkerboard is just so i can see the grid more clearly, for symmetrical purposes.[/quote]

I thought z levels only go down?[/quote]

Mod in latest experimental. No inter-level interaction or other 3D.

Really interesting idea you have OP, I can get behind it.

Since it’s a big corporation, it’s bound to have an office-like main entrance, I’d suggest using the offices as a basic layout for it. You know, the branches General Managers office, Foremans office, secretary, waiting room, accounting, ect. If you have the ability, this would be a good place to put in custom ID cards, maybe one or two strictly in this area to help protect from the automated defenses, but not against the zombies or whatever else decides to move in.

If you’re trying to keep it authentic, I would definitely recommend keeping the giant loading bays in factories/manufacturing plants. An excelent way to clear out entire wings of the building if the player has a vehicle or automated robots set up outside. This would also be a great place to utilize those ID cards, as manufacturing plants and foundries which produce items of high value normally (or in my experience IRL) keep the end product on a strictly automated line, traveling from one robot to another, which eventually leads to a loading arm that automatically packs the product into containers. These areas are completely off limits to anyone that isn’t authorized or part of the suited corporation itself. Or, someone with an appropriate ID cards…

The current(?) 5x5 design would fit perfectly, especially fighting a combination of automated and zombified enemies. Plenty of room to maneuver, while leaving enough left over after the fight to let your mind wonder what just might lie down that hallway a few doors back…

Also, is there any chance of negative Z levels? Like a bunker-like basement or supply room for the manufacturing upstairs. A bunker underneath to protect any VIP’s that might’ve been in the building at the time of the Cataclysm might be a neat idea to put in, maybe with a single superzombie.

All in all, it’s your mod. Do what you will with it. These are just ideas you might be able to work with.

Great mod BTW.

So I’m going to need rivtech guns with armor-piercing ammo to get rivtech guns?
Hahahaha.
Ok.