Unable to change terminal size (RESOLVED)

I tried to change the option for resizing the play area in the options menu, but when I restarted the game to apply the changes, it now just gives me a black screen and says “Oh! Hey, look at that. Your terminal is just a little too narrow. The game requires a minimum terminal size of 80x24 to function. It won’t work with just 70x25. Can you stretch it out sideways a bit?”

But there is no option for doing that, no way to open the options menu, no way to resize it the normal way (by clicking the edges), can’t fullscreen it, don’t see a startup option in the application properties menu, can’t revert to the way it was before, can’t do anything on the right-click menu, no solution exists anywhere I have been able to see (everyone just says change the settings in the options menu, but I can’t open that while the error exists). Halp?

Try editing the options.txt in your cataclysm/data folder.

So THAT’S where the bugger is! Thanks a ton!

I was really getting edgy :S

[quote=“Sir Scarfalot, post:3, topic:5006”]So THAT’S where the bugger is! Thanks a ton!

I was really getting edgy :S[/quote]
Absolutely no problem, enjoy your game.

In the future, if something like that breaks and you urgently want to play you can just download the .zip again and everything will be fine. That goes for most roguelikes.
You can also try the IRC if the forums are too slow. :slight_smile: