Renewed .22 casings

I watched a video in which a man showed that he had learned to recharge Flaubert-cartridges.
He made a tool - small brush of wire, with which he brushed the casing of unburnt residues and struck an explosive mix-seeded on the bottom of the casing. after which it is pressed into casing bullet.

explosive mixture he made of match heads and abrasive compound, which he washed from the end of a matchbox with a solvent.

In principle, it seems to me, if he made one more tool based on a modified screwdriver, then he could straighten and unjam the dot on the bottom of the casing and thus the casing would become almost “eternal”, for the simple reason that the chance that the striker bolt hit the same place, in which strikes in the past, it is minimal.

I, on the basis of what he saw the video, developed by some process that could implement in the game and thus get reloaded casings of .22 calyber.

for the 25 renewed .22 casing
1 We need tools:

• screwdriver: for unjam striker bolt dot on the bottom of the casing, we have to spoil (|) a screwdriver - bend and slightly erode the sting of flat-head screwdriver to make it form L. but for simplicity - let it be an ordinary screwdriver. this is done for the simple reason that I’m not sure that the game engine distinguishes spoiled thing not spoiled. otherwise, I’d made in the recipe need spoiled |\ screwdriver.
  • hand press - straightening the bottom of the liner, which we arched screwdriver when straightening point after hitting the striker.
  • plastic cup (for made explosive mixture),
  • pliers - to hold the casing during cleaning and to create a single wire brush.

remark: Wire we will do a one-time non-standard tool - brush. so I introduced a tool to the list of supplies but not in the tool list.

2 We need materials:

• .22 casings,
  • matchbook(20) - i.e. full matchbook or some not full matchbooks - we need 20 matches at all,
  • wire (we make small wire brush for cleaning casings and put explosive mixture on the bottom of the casings), or maybe, copper wire
  • gasoline(5) - as solvent for washing abrasive end of the matchbooks, and as solvent to dangerous mix for some time has become less dangerous to be applied to the bottom of the casings.

3 we need minor changes in the recipe of handloaded .22 (FMJ,LR,CB,Rat-shot)

> 100x unused .22 casing OR 100x renewed .22 casing

and - voila! good plinking, please-please! :slight_smile:

It would probably help if you linked the video that showed/explained this process so others can also chime in on it.

I considered the idea of re-priming fired .22 cases when I was adding in the ability to dismantle unfired rounds to handload your own .22 ammo. Decided that statting it out and ensuring the player wouldn’t be able to infinitely re-use increasingly dented casings was more complexity for minimal benefit.

ok. video on russian. https://youtu.be/4-_qVsM01C8

that is - in other words saying - “The balance has to suffer”. I see. but ask yourself - how often are matchboxes? and whether it is possible to make matches? Recipes of crafting matches - not is.
besides of 4 full box we get only 100 finished rounds. not a thousand - and only one hundred. Hundred .22 fired rather quickly - because the damage from bullets of the caliber - even when shooting at zombies - low.
but nevertheless - if possible to reload cartridges - why she did not used to be in the game and also for .22? one that loses from this?

in secret, for reference - my character is played for about a year in-game time - and he is still only 10 boxes of matches. the rest - Lighter varying degrees of use.

that is, the number of natural constraint reloaded cartridges of .22 caliber is the number of matchboxes in the game.

I suppose it is realistic and acceptable, but it wasn’t an issue of balance. Mostly just laziness on my part. =w=

Though even then, from what I know you kinda need strike-anywhere matches, that use white phosphorous at the very tip. The matches available in-game are more likely to be strike-on-box matches lacking the required extra.

i’m the old fool!

in game we have oxidyser powder!!!
oxidyser powder is that explosive mixture!
no need matchbook’s no need gasoline.

yoohoo!!! :slight_smile:

receipt rev2

for the 25 renewed .22 casing
1 We need tools:

• screwdriver: for unjam striker bolt dot on the bottom of the casing, we have to spoil (|) a screwdriver - bend and slightly erode the sting of flat-head screwdriver to make it form L. but for simplicity - let it be an ordinary screwdriver. this is done for the simple reason that I’m not sure that the game engine distinguishes spoiled thing not spoiled. otherwise, I’d made in the recipe need spoiled |\ screwdriver.
  • hand press - straightening the bottom of the liner, which we arched screwdriver when straightening point after hitting the striker.
  • pliers - to hold the casing during cleaning and to create a single wire brush.

remark: Wire we will do a one-time non-standard tool - brush. so I introduced a tool to the list of supplies but not in the tool list.

2 We need materials:

• [fired] .22 casings,
  • wire (we make small wire brush for cleaning casings and put explosive mixture on the bottom of the casings), or maybe, copper wire
    -oxidyser powder

after that, we need minor changes in the main recipe of handloaded .22 (FMJ,LR,CB,Rat-shot)

100x unused .22 casing OR 100x renewed .22 casing