Rats?

Anyone else think rats are the most deadly creatures in the game?

they have a glaring vulnerability to any thrown or shot weapon. get a gun or throw rocks at them. Hell, be like that Rynden guy and throw RAT CORPSES at them
they may be faster than you and hard to melee, but if you chokepoint them, they lose all their advantages because they pack in against eachother

/> Be That Ryndren guy.

In all seriousness, it’s oddly effective. Cleared out a rat cave with just a duffle bag full of rat corpses. XD

Not to sound condescending but… How do you have trouble fighting rats? I have had no problem just meleeing the swathes of rats I find in caves.

In my latest game, I had a sewer rat attacking me non-stop from dawn to dusk of day 1. I equipped a pipe and ignored him because I was too busy fighting zombies. By the end of the day my dodge went from 0-8, and then I chucked the pipe at him and killed him. Later on another rat attacked me in my sleep, and my dodge leveled up some more.

I don’t think rats are particularly deadly, but something should probably be done about them.

Sewer Rats are hostile to the player by default, and as a result attack them. They’re also fucking impossible to hit with melee weapons. “Kill them with bug bites” basically. Early in they’re a HUGE pain.

One thing I like to do is gather a herd of sewer rats, walk into a basement, shuffle around until the bulk of them are inside, then close the door and walk away. I wish breeding was implemented so if you had two rats trapped that way, you could forget about it, return to the basement and be overwhelmed by a
tsunami of angry rats. Could also be a viable steady meat supply.

You should gather the rats up, lock them in a basement, and convince an NPC to go clean them out as a quest.

I think the RNG must like me a lot then, I primarily run melee characters and have no problems with the black or sewer rats. ‘~’

Rats? ironically they can dodge your melee attacks like crazy but when it comes to ranged combat they are easy target. Just throw something at them and they will die instantly. I don’t why but every animal in the game makes you feel like a professional baseball player, your throwing hits are deadly and very accurate with throwing skill of 2+.

It’s on the list.

[quote=“Inadequate, post:7, topic:4138”]One thing I like to do is gather a herd of sewer rats, walk into a basement, shuffle around until the bulk of them are inside, then close the door and walk away. I wish breeding was implemented so if you had two rats trapped that way, you could forget about it, return to the basement and be overwhelmed by a
tsunami of angry rats. Could also be a viable steady meat supply.[/quote]

There’s a book about that in-game.

That isn’t really about rats, is it? Still, it’s set in my country, so maybe it’s worth a read.

Re: breeding - Hooray!