Rat Cave

So, having not played in a while, I have just recently come back to cataclysm. My most recent character has spent the game so far fleeing from several hordes, going from brief haven to brief haven. Most recently, I was forced to hide in a cave as the horde approached. I found it was a Rat Cave, however I had had time to make basic armour and such, and so decided to try my hand at it.

Killing all the rats on the first floor wasn’t too hard, then I went to the second floor. I knew the Rat King could mutate you, but i didnt realise it happened so fast… according to the wiki, I should be required to stay until I am vomiting repeatedly in order to have good odds of mutation. Instead, I started mutation rapidly and repeatedly almost immediately. I believe my first mutation occured less than 10 steps in to the second floor. Is this meant to occur now? It seems… rather more risky than I remember…

Same thing happened to me, I just chalked it up to scary mutant rat powers and then enjoyed the power of Robust Genetics.

All Hail the Rat King!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/atlas_obscura/2014/04/16/the_rat_king_or_roi_de_rats_is_a_very_creepy_conjoined_creature.html

Ohgodwut, now we know what inspired this…thing.

Ya gotta bum-rush the rat king, or else you’ll never get to be a nutcracker.

Sadly, I had no torch batteries left, so I was stubbling around in the dark looking for the Rat King.

Lucky, I had robust genetics, and the Ratting gave me Nightvision after a short while. Then I found the rat king and beat him to death with the nice sharp combat knife I found in his cave.

So yeah. Total loot for all that? One shiny combat knife, a suit of light power armour (!) and about 6 mutations. Sadly, I ran into a Hulk shortly after leaving the cave, and got splattered across several trees, but hey. You win some, you lose some.