Questions about some bionics

I had some questions about some bionics which I’ve installed for some time…:

What is this leukocyte breeder? I had it installed a long time ago, I’ve activated it many times but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Is it to boost immunity (like flu shots do), or does it increase health (like vitamins) or its something else??

What is the purpose of Electromagnetic Unit? I know that it can pull metal objects towards you and it seem to do damage to enemies. But what I don’t understand is, what objects does it pull? I mean does it pull “metal furniture” like racks and other things or does it pull “pick-able” objects made of metal (rebars, nails, scrap metals, chunks and lumps of steel)? How much damage does it deal, how to set it up to kill a hulk?

Does the Air Filtration System bionic works like a filter/gas mask? Does it protect you from smoke and poison gas? Can it protect from ambient diseases like flu too (filter mask does protect against ambient diseases)?

If you know the answer to any of these questions then feel free to reply, sorry for so many questions but I’m really curious about these bionics :slight_smile: .

1: Bionic vitamins

2: Anything made of metal that’s an item, not futurnature or vehicles. No idea on how to weaponize it though, never bothered.

3: It’s like a low-end filter mask, I think with the bionic and a filter mask you can walk in toxic gas without harm being done. It’s nice to have regardless.

TheFlame52 ran some weapon tests on the tank drone, and he also tested Electromagnetic Unit + Road Rollers, end result was awesome:

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:10, topic:7567”]Test: road rollers and electromagnetic unit
Results: COMPLETE OBLITERATION but also very hard to set up in a normal setting. Do it if you can, but otherwise try something else.[/quote]

Btw, if its not used as a weapon then what’s the purpose of that bionic?

Does that mean it replaces the vitamins completely (I take vitamins everyday to maintain the rate of damage healing and also to counter the effects of drugs and alchohol)?

So it just increases the ability of the filter mask, I wear a filter mask permanently to keep those pesky flu diseases at bay.

You can use the leukocyte breeder to supplement or completely replace your intake of normal vitamins. It’s a useful bionic as vitamins can only be scavenged and cannot be crafted (If it can be crafted, I still haven’t found the recipe for it) whereas with the bionic, as long as you have bionic power, you’ve got a dose of health ready to go.

I’m not certain about the exact working mechanics of the Air Filter, but it will offer you some protection if you forget to wear mouth protection and you walk through a cloud of smoke/toxic gas.

[quote=“hexman, post:1, topic:8651”]I had some questions about some bionics which I’ve installed for some time…:

What is this leukocyte breeder? I had it installed a long time ago, I’ve activated it many times but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Is it to boost immunity (like flu shots do), or does it increase health (like vitamins) or its something else??

What is the purpose of Electromagnetic Unit? I know that it can pull metal objects towards you and it seem to do damage to enemies. But what I don’t understand is, what objects does it pull? I mean does it pull “metal furniture” like racks and other things or does it pull “pick-able” objects made of metal (rebars, nails, scrap metals, chunks and lumps of steel)? How much damage does it deal, how to set it up to kill a hulk?

Does the Air Filtration System bionic works like a filter/gas mask? Does it protect you from smoke and poison gas? Can it protect from ambient diseases like flu too (filter mask does protect against ambient diseases)?

If you know the answer to any of these questions then feel free to reply, sorry for so many questions but I’m really curious about these bionics :slight_smile: .[/quote]

Yeah, LB is on-demand health boost. Use to stay Healthy whilst living on junk food, mutating, etc.

We nerfed the EM unit in response to roller abuse, so now it only moves things that you might possibly be able to lift. (We decided not to have it pull the PC to large metal items.) It’s still handy for cleaning up wreckage, possibly spent casings, etc.

Air Filtration is long overdue for a buff. It gives +2 or so to mouth environmental resistance, provided said resistance isn’t over 5. For comparison purposes, the gas mask is 16. -_-

Thought: would LB work well as a toggle that slowly consumes power to improve/maintain health over time?

Alternately: it’s a little pointless given that right now 2/3 of the effects of health are resisting disease and infections, but if Health ever gains more non-immune-system effects, the Leukocyte Breeder sounds like it might work better as a passive resistance bonus against diseases and infections. I admit to liking the idea of unhealthy living coming with consequences and healthy living being useful, as opposed to becoming entirely obsolete as a game mechanic once you’ve got the right bionics. (Granted, in the real world, we probably will manage to make healthy living obsolete if civilization survives long enough, simply because the demand in first-world nations would be insane. Alpha mutagen, for instance, actually struck me as being particularly well-adapted to our first-world lifestyles due to the increased metabolism actually being something that would help protect us from our abundance, and the reduction in need for sleep suiting our busy, insomniac lifestyles.)

I’ve happily used the EM CBM while fighting many zombie firefighters.

All those flying firefighter axes… all that damage.

Try using it after zombies have mutilated a random car outside.
From the west you hear a clang! x162

TheFlame52 ran some weapon tests on the tank drone, and he also tested Electromagnetic Unit + Road Rollers, end result was awesome:

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:10, topic:7567”]Test: road rollers and electromagnetic unit
Results: COMPLETE OBLITERATION but also very hard to set up in a normal setting. Do it if you can, but otherwise try something else.[/quote]

Btw, if its not used as a weapon then what’s the purpose of that bionic?[/quote]
You rang? BTW, since I did those tests, 120mm HEAT was buffed. I can no longer tank 11 of them without dying.

I always assumed that the electromagnet CBM was intended for people who use throwing weapons; throw a few, then activate the bionic to retrieve them without having to walk over to them yourself.

This is a fucking great idea. If I ever play a loincloth-clad barbarian who uses throwing knives and axen in lieu of guns, I might just have to have her install this CBM.

If a sword gets stuck in a zombie, and you activate the magnet, does it then…?
Can one rip metal doors off with the magnet or will the player character just get slammed against the door?
Can one pull metal objects through grates or windows with the magnet?

This is a fucking great idea. If I ever play a loincloth-clad barbarian who uses throwing knives and axen in lieu of guns, I might just have to have her install this CBM.[/quote]

Get it and the railgun CBM and a sledgehammer.

Never tried it, but I don’t think it will work, since the cbm can only move objects than can be picked by the player.

No, unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work on metal doors and metal furniture. Try using a jackhammer or the sonic resonator cbm instead (the sonic resonator seems to work on walls and reinforced glass).

It does seem to work on heavy metal items (like rebars) and windows but not in the way that it seems. Sometimes you’ll need to use it multiple times to get the desired result. But as KA101 said, I think its best to pick up items which are scattered all over, like casings, thrown weapons, etc.

That’s actually a really cool idea.

Railgun CBM is rare as balls, though.

That’s actually a really cool idea.

Railgun CBM is rare as balls, though.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve not found the railgun cbm until now so they seem pretty rare but what did you meant by “balls” there??

I suspect it’s a use of male anatomy as an expletive. Technically objectionable, but doesn’t have the slur connotations that men’s use of female anatomy as expletives has created, so I’m not inclined to mod xem here.

Why have i never thought to do this?

Whoa…

I just use it to gather the metal after I smash a wreck.