Query from old versions player

So, been a long time Cataclysm player (I think I played the first public release by Whales years ago) but I stopped playing when “The Man” removed the option to disable zombie revival a couple versions back.

Has that been fixed yet?

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:1, topic:4279”]So, been a long time Cataclysm player (I think I played the first public release by Whales years ago) but I stopped playing when “The Man” removed the option to disable zombie revival a couple versions back.

Has that been fixed yet?[/quote]
Nope, at least not in 0.9. Maybe it’s fixed in one of the new experimental versions, although it wasn’t suggested on the suggestions board so I’m not really sure about that.

But, as of 0.9 you can (s)mash all of the zombie corpses on one tile and reduce them to a pulp in one move instead of having to hitting the smash button over and over again.

Also, nice to see somebody new on the CDDA forum from the Whale’s era. Personally started playing after the construction part got rolled in.

They did made it a flag, so you can delete it from the zombies at monsters.json . It takes at most 3 minutes to do so

On a sidenote are Dynamic NPCs still crashy?

@ComputerWarrior
Well I think I had an account here too for the first couple versions. I think I remember defending the Lazycat guy before he got a bit too… enthusiastic about engaging in discussions with peeps who did not agree with him entirely.
I honestly don’t remember what username I had though and I don’t particularly care for old accounts.
Been lurking a fair bit too for changelogs, new version tips and the like.

I guess I’ll just wait a couple more versions then. Seems a bit strange noone modded it out though, I remember seeing a bunch of people who wanted to do so.
Bit of a shame, this is a great game for work.

@John Candlebury (saw you after typing the reply to the first guy)
Yeah I remember them saying they wanted to do that.
I guess I’ll check it out tomorrow then, thanks for the heads up.

I haven’t had any major issues with crashing on dynamic NPCs, but NPCs in general still have some… interesting behaviors. Like attempting to eat lighters or reload when they have no ammo. Or trying to shoot a bear through you when you are driving.

Revival eliminated.

The game has progressed a fair bit in the 3/4 versions I skipped. I know I’m loving how advanced clothing and armour has gotten, with proper fitting a Riot-like getup is very much doable.

There’s also a lot of “survivor” armors available at higher tailoring and fabrication skills that provide decent protection and a lot of storage, and a number of book-specific recipes that you need an appropriate book to learn.

Yeah I’m seeing some decent stuff popping up already at skill 3, but for now equipment found on zombies and repaired is superior.
I’m still at skill levels where I prefer low encumbrance/medium protection over high protection/high encumbrance.

I think I recall there being a way to “Compare” craftable items with stuff you have, am I remembering wrong or did I just forget how to do it?

It’s I to compare.

Cap. i.

Yeah I know but how do you use it on items you can craft?
I only know how to use it to compare already existing items.

In the crafting page, you can use “E” or “?” to bring up the description and stats of the item you’d be making, but I’ve never seen anything that would compare it to an existing item.

[size=5pt](On an unrelated note: Finally! Actual underwear in-game!)[/size]

I don’t know if you can do it through the crafting menu, but IIRC when you ‘i’ examine a weapon in your inventory it will show its stats in comparison to your current weapon.

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:8, topic:4279”]Yeah I’m seeing some decent stuff popping up already at skill 3, but for now equipment found on zombies and repaired is superior.
I’m still at skill levels where I prefer low encumbrance/medium protection over high protection/high encumbrance.

I think I recall there being a way to “Compare” craftable items with stuff you have, am I remembering wrong or did I just forget how to do it?[/quote]

quick question, what font is this? i reinstalled recently and my game used to look like this but now i cant remember where i put my old font file

It’s whatever font is default?

[quote=“grisamentum, post:13, topic:4279”][quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:8, topic:4279”]Yeah I’m seeing some decent stuff popping up already at skill 3, but for now equipment found on zombies and repaired is superior.

I think I recall there being a way to “Compare” craftable items with stuff you have, am I remembering wrong or did I just forget how to do it?[/quote]

quick question, what font is this? i reinstalled recently and my game used to look like this but now i cant remember where i put my old font file[/quote]

That’d be Terminus. Lovely font. :slight_smile: