PSA: Nested Containers is now live in experimental

Apologies for veering this back on-topic but ‘golf bag’ is my new bagfu. Though I fear our love might not last due to its current state probably being an oversight.

(encumbrance to pocket volume ratio)

Is there someone that can tell me if there is any less bugs?, im looking at the url provided to check the overall status of bug issues

said github url

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A"Items%3A+Containers"

But i just feel like they are piling up, and there are some that are game breaking that are still unsolved :s

It’ll probably take a while longer to fully pan out. If you need a good fix of in depth gaming, try out the C# release of Aurora 4x, good times.

I did not test/play the game when the nested containers pull request hit, but from what I’ve read, it has improved.
I did a test yesterday with the (at the time) newest version and it was… playable. I quickly came across a few already reported bugs and it resulted in the loss of some items.

My suggestion:
If you want to play with your current character that you carefully built up - don’t.
If you want to make a playthrough - don’t.
If you want to just check out what’s new and not bond to your throwaway characters - give it a go. For me it run stable enough to toy a bit around.

I guess that the bugs probably are piling up at the moment because old ones (introduced with the first release of the nested containers) are newly found and reported (seat belt paradox in action, I guess).
I could be wrong, but I think they are keep getting fixed (at least KorGgenT is still working on it, as far as I know), and while it’s possible that a fix breaks something else, I don’t think that they get the game “more broken” at the moment…

2 Likes

is the megafix about reloading charges for tools fixed? (needles, repair kit, etc)

Not yet, you can watch the issue here: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/40399

Edit: it’s merged!

3 Likes

seems like a huge mess which started from a guy who just wanted to stitch his undies

1 Like
  • add tailor’s kit pocket for thread

I-is this it? Are we about to enter an era of thread reloading?

1 Like

Yep, seems so. Issue 40215 marked as closed, fix is merged.

Actually…

it got worse

as you can see from the first screen I lost charges on lighter and matchbook items

and I still can’t reload the wooden needle with thread, it says that I have nothing to reload
on the ground the thread is showed in red, which means that I don’t have a compatible “magazine” for that “ammo”

Are you using an old save? If so try it on a fresh one. It’s possible this fix isn’t save game compatible.

1 Like

oof… I had a nice starting point…

ok, I’ll try tomorrow and update the thread with news

1 Like

Yo how do you get the nested UI? I can’t find any option to have the inventory screen show items under the storage they’re in, in my game

What version do you have?

Let me see… 10667 I just updated a sec ago

By default “;” toggles between the categorized (default) view and the nested view.

2 Likes

oh nice, I didn’t know that

Sorry for photo rather than screenshot, but the nesting isn’t working on mine

ok, i started a new game, spawned a wooden needle and some thread and that works just fine

just a minor thing, the starting gear for the survivor don’t have a battery for the starting cellphone or matches for the matchbook

I wouldn’t call it minor, but okey.

Also weapons are still bugged as hell (segway fault.