Providing nightly builds here

Hi there,

I set up a script to compile the Windows version every night using the latest source code from GitHub.

As I am certainly not the only one wanting to check out the newest version every now and then, I decided to make them publicly available here:

http://grigro.bplaced.net/catadda-win32.zip

I also compile a 32-Bit Linux version, available here: http://grigro.bplaced.net/catadda-linux32.zip

They should be updated each night at around 5am (UTC +1 or +2, depending on daylight saving time).

Have fun!

PS: Should/Can I add this to the wiki?

EDIT:
Please be advised, that there is no guaranteed save game compatibility, so each version can break your existing world. Best way around this is to extract the new version into a different folder and just copy your existing save folder. This way you lose nothing should something go wrong.

I might add it to the front page, actually… But yeah, for sure add it to the wiki.

Xantrim, you are RNGsent! I was trying to compile it yesterday, but my temperoary PC is so crapy that it lacks memory to do so at all. Thank you!

[quote=“Xantrim, post:1, topic:1159”]Hi there,

I set up a script to compile the Windows version every night using the latest source code from GitHub.

As I am certainly not the only wanting to check out the newest version every now and then, I decided to make them publicly available here:

http://grigro.bplaced.net/catadda-win32.zip

I also compile a 32-Bit Linux version, available here: http://grigro.bplaced.net/catadda-linux32.zip

They should be updated each night at around 5am (UTC +1 or +2, depending on daylight saving time).

Have fun!

PS: Should/Can I add this to the wiki?[/quote]

Totally awesome. I was just about to suggest that someone think about doing this.

Sir, you have obtained seven internets.

When I tried compiling my own with the wiki’s instructions and Cygwin, my ASCII looked funny and I couldn’t resize the terminal. Should I expect your builds to play identical to the release version?

I use my Ubuntu box to cross-compile the Windows version. I tested it on my Win7 and it worked just fine. Until I spoke to an NPC, then it crashed.

If by release version you mean the official, stable 0.4 release, then there are some differences, like NPCs, new building types and so on. But the “graphics” haven’t changed at all, so everything should just look fine.

Just be aware of the fact, that these nightly builds are in no shape or form guaranteed to be stable or to work with your current save game or your current world.

That means people could play with my new temperature settings and give me feedback :slight_smile:

mmmmm feedback.

This really, really helps people like me who have trouble with compiling on Windows.

Thank you.

Its strange, because I dont ever had a problem compiling the game (Only in my school’s linux comp).

Whatevs, have fun people who has never tried the faultful, crashy, laggy and bugful cataclysm

In a nightly build? Huh. I thought we had fixed that.

That’s a good point - wherever the link is posted, it should probably have a warning that (at present) save compatibility may break with no warning.

In a nightly build? Huh. I thought we had fixed that.[/quote]

Yes, it was yesterday. I talked to an NPC, convinced him to not attack, traded and then again he threatened me. I tried to talk some sense into him, but as soon as I did that, the game crashed.

[quote="Xantrim, post:7, topic:1159"]Just be aware of the fact, that these nightly builds are in no shape or form guaranteed to be stable or to work with your current save game or your current world.[/quote]

That’s a good point - wherever the link is posted, it should probably have a warning that (at present) save compatibility may break with no warning.

I edited my first post and the download page on the wiki already mentioned it.

Talked to an NPC, spooked her. She ate two Adderal then crashed my game.

Can I just say bloody thank you!!! I have no idea how to compile myself and when I tried my 1 brain cell couldn’t cope with it. I can now keep more up-to-date with whats going on.

Great I can play the most recent builds without having to read a guide how to do it every time. :smiley:

I cheat-spawned an NPC talked to it convinced got it to trade with me then when exiting the trade screen I had to persuade the NPC not to attack again and then it crashed…
Also after getting cheating in a few mini-nukes detonating them and sleeping in the radiation I managed to end up with both Furry and Chitinous Plate mutations, aren’t they supposed to be mutually exclusive (as in you can’t have both at same time).
Also is it just me or is the wait command gone, and several keys seem different as well.

The wait command is | I think, you can remap them in the ? menu.

It’s almost like there’s a reason we disabled NPCs by default…

Thanks for setting this up.

Good stuff. Much obliged. Lazy bastards rejoice!

Good job!
I got incredibly tired of firing up linux everytime I wanted to play.
This should generate some more feedback now that people have access to nightly builds.