Power Armor does not need power?

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:19, topic:7432”]As for nerfing, even more encumbrance is an option, as is stamina drain once the stamina/running feature lands.
The most interesting thing though is to give enemies attacks that ignore armor, like grappling to restrain you and allowing very strong bashing attacks to cause some damage by slamming you around inside the armor.

The cruelest option is to let zombies pile on you until you simply can’t move…[/quote]

DO IT.

Actually, do all of that. While its amusing having your survivor drink coke in the middle of a crossfire of military turrets, you shouldn’t be able to do it with out AT LEAST turning the suit on. At the ery least, you should spill some of it and get mildly annoyed as the plinking gets louder.

Do it. Do it do it do it. I want to see zombies pile up on me and then explode outwards when I activate armor and hydraulic muscles at same time. And do a sweep attack with something.

Do it. Do it do it do it. I want to see zombies pile up on me and then explode outwards when I activate armor and hydraulic muscles at same time. And do a sweep attack with something.[/quote]or blow it up with grenade or grenades

Hydraulics wouldn’t explode out to the best of my knowledge. Pneumatics would.

Zombies would explode out. Bonus points if you pretend to be singing “The hills are alive” while throwing them around in fully powered armor.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:19, topic:7432”]As for nerfing, even more encumbrance is an option, as is stamina drain once the stamina/running feature lands.
The most interesting thing though is to give enemies attacks that ignore armor, like grappling to restrain you and allowing very strong bashing attacks to cause some damage by slamming you around inside the armor.

The cruelest option is to let zombies pile on you until you simply can’t move…[/quote]
Why not just make it more rare? Like something you could never get to unless you were in the late game and already OP? Guard it with chicken walkers and tanks or something.

Because if there’s no risk of losing, there’s no game. If you have an item that literally means 90% of the game dangers can’t harm you, there’s a problem that needs to be addressed. Speaking of, I’m working on it. With a recent change I have nearly done, Hulks and Brutes at least can damage you through the armor, in a very entertaining manner…

I was thinking more along the lines of the power armor being useful for surviving some late-game areas, since at that point the overworld doesn’t have much left to throw at you anyway.

Though the hulk thing is pretty cool. Do they do that with unequipped characters too?

Yes, they have a special attack now where they pick you up and throw you at about 20MPH.
It does something like 40 damage to all body parts, depending on stats, gear, and what you hit in the process.

Sheeit Kevin.

I LOVE IT.

Maybe brutes can push the player back a few squares?

good idea ninja but by push you mean to force player to the ground or pusch 1 title away and fall on ground?

I did give a weaker version to brutes, with a longer cooldown. so they may well throw you through walls too.

Now that you’ve given it to monsters, how about giving it to explosions? I want to be able to wear full heavy power armor and propel myself along with explosions. And speaking of which, why not a Power Armor Combat style? Being able to brace yourself for hits, fully utilizing the power armor’s capabilities?

Not unless you designed it. Tanksuits and adaptive armor were not yet frontline-issue when the Cataclysm struck.

Learn-through-practice-only powerarmor style. Don’t think it’s THAT hard to learn how to brace in power armor if you can find something to brace against for practice, if you can wear it successfully in the first place.

Yea, planning on adding it to explosions, they need an overhaul anyway.
I could see developing a style where you can utilize the armor to better protect you against this sort of thing, but not 100%, and it’ll need to be powered to do it.

so will there ever be flack jackets/ potato sacks which have a higher explosion resistance

I was just thrown by a zombie brute!

Fun stuff! I will probably never melee a hulk now unless wearing power armor.

[quote=“chevil, post:38, topic:7432”]I was just thrown by a zombie brute!

Fun stuff! I will probably never melee a hulk now unless wearing power armor.[/quote]
Which is a bad idea because the punch is calibrated to damage people in power armor.
Get Uncanny Dodge instead, it ought to work on the punch.

Dodging and uncanny dodge work as usual. There’s no rationale for that particular attack being more likely to hit than the regular ones.