Pls help: a gas tank full of gasoline?

i know i’ve been warned, and i know i’ve been stupid =/ but now that i’ve stripped a full gasoline tank from a vehicle… is there a way to use the gas and not loose it all when installing it back?

Install a different tank onto the vehicle then refill it from the other tank? Alternately, unload the tank into other containers, then install the tank, then refill it from the other containers.

the problem is it’s a real big tank (volume 225), i can move it (via extended inventory) but don’t seem to be able to pick it up to fill anything from it… unless i’m missing something here?

p.s. if only i could attach a water faucet to the tank =)

you’re missing a option from the General Options menu that lets you pick heavy objects. It’s Dangerous pickups, and it must be set on true, otherwise you wont be able to pick that up and use it

It would be nice if examining a square with a large container would spawn a dialog similar to examining water in toilets or rivers. It’d have to be specially coded for larger containers (I’d say kegs on up), to avoid having it trigger on every plastic bottle of clean water.

Actually, isn’t there already a special hook for kegs? We’d just need to extend that to all of the XX-gallon barrels.

No, there just needs to be a way to manipulate things on your square without putting them into inventory. That would solve a LOT of things.

AIM should let you lock onto a container and pull its contents into other containers. “k” by default once you’ve selected a container in the pane.

I tried to get it to work in one of the recent experimentals (not the newest, but ~3 days old) and I couldn’t. Complained about picking up a liquid.

What worked for me was emptying the held container while standing directly over the one on the ground.

I tried to get it to work in one of the recent experimentals (not the newest, but ~3 days old) and I couldn’t. Complained about picking up a liquid.

What worked for me was emptying the held container while standing directly over the one on the ground.[/quote]

OK, other approach: try moving the filled container to the container-pane of the target one.

I’ve been wondering about a somewhat similar thing. Is there any way to pick up a liquid on the ground?

Nope, and that’s by design–no way to ensure that you’re picking up pure liquid in any usable quantity.

Nope, and that’s by design–no way to ensure that you’re picking up pure liquid in any usable quantity.[/quote]

Makes sense, really. Oh well. Might as well mop or ignite the mess, then.

thank you all! i’ve learned something new today. now i think i’ll be able to deal with that tank somehow.

update. suddenly i have a similar question, may be related: i have stripped a water tank from an RV and now i have a 30-galon drum… but for some reason i can’t install it: it just won’t show in the list of available parts (i have sufficient mechanics level, a wide range of welders/torches/rigs to select from etc). may it be that the water still in that tank (22l) would cause that?

[quote=“tivasyk, post:13, topic:9280”]thank you all! i’ve learned something new today. now i think i’ll be able to deal with that tank somehow.

update. suddenly i have a similar question, may be related: i have stripped a water tank from an RV and now i have a 30-galon drum… but for some reason i can’t install it: it just won’t show in the list of available parts (i have sufficient mechanics level, a wide range of welders/torches/rigs to select from etc). may it be that the water still in that tank (22l) would cause that?[/quote]
As with gasoline tank: you need drum/tank to install and it needs to be completely empty of any liquid.

Nope, and that’s by design–no way to ensure that you’re picking up pure liquid in any usable quantity.[/quote]

The only thing I find annoying about that is that the liquids on the ground NEVER GO AWAY.

Seriously, is there some kind of “rain cleans the ground” development planned? Or that it rots? Or something? bug guts covering the universe forever is a bit annoying…

It does both rot and get cleaned by rain, but it only happens while you’re around. Rain makes it rot 6 (drizzle) or 12 (rain or storm) times faster than clear weather.

Guts are treated as fields and so aren’t processed outside reality bubble. Processing all fields outside bubble is not possible at the moment (because of fire), but there may be a possibility of making guts and blood an exception because they don’t have any side effects (just color the screen).

The only thing I find annoying about that is that the liquids on the ground NEVER GO AWAY.

Seriously, is there some kind of “rain cleans the ground” development planned? Or that it rots? Or something? bug guts covering the universe forever is a bit annoying…[/quote]

Not sure about the pieces of gore that sometimes happen, but can’t you clean up blood via using a mop?
edit: tested it, point blank shot a bat with a shotgun. Not counting the corpse that can be butchered and disposed of, the blood and guts can be cleaned with a mop. Same with any liquid you unload in the ground. All hail the mighty mop and its powers of hygiene.

Also, can you dump a ton of liquid on a toilet and would that count as a container? Since you can pick up water on a toilet, if you have an empty container.

[quote=“deoxy, post:15, topic:9280”]The only thing I find annoying about that is that the liquids on the ground NEVER GO AWAY.

Seriously, is there some kind of “rain cleans the ground” development planned? Or that it rots? Or something? bug guts covering the universe forever is a bit annoying…[/quote]

Use a mop.

use mop
and if its flamable fire work too