Played experemintals for few days. List of problems i noticed

1. Hunger and Thirst builds up too quick

To the point when the time takes to cook some food, gives you more Hunger and Thirst than you can satisfy with food you just cooked

1. Problem with electricity. Solar panels dont work, energy consumption very high, electric engine has idle consumption (which it should not)

2. Idle consumption of fueled engines is huge

3. Tools spawn odds are very low. During my playthrough i have found tons of weapons, ammo, food, clothes, but not a single wrench or welder. And dedicated tools spawn points(in my playthrough i checked 2 garages and 2 hardware stores) had zero tools. All tools that i managed to find (screwdriver, hacksaw, hammer) i found in random locations like on the zombies, in house basements, in cars etc.

4. Clothes with high environmental protection - dont protect from rain at all. Only wielding an umbrella helps with wet debuffs

TBH i have never liked the speed at which you get hungry and thirsty.
Its been this way since I have been playing.

What you dont eat a entire moose for breakfast ?

4. Tools spawn odds are very low. During my playthrough i have found tons of weapons, ammo, food, clothes, but not a single wrench or welder. And dedicated tools spawn points(in my playthrough i checked 2 garages and 2 hardware stores) had zero tools. All tools that i managed to find (screwdriver, hacksaw, hammer) i found in random locations like on the zombies, in house basements, in cars etc.

Wrenchs are more easy to find in house basements, but i cant say too much because I make my tools.

5. Clothes with high environmental protection - dont protect from rain at all. Only wielding an umbrella helps with wet debuffs

I dont know if it is a bug, but there is some clothings that protects against wet enviroments. It says on the description.

• The wet morale effect is brutal - but there IS clothing that helps deal with it, like raincoats, umbrellas and of course survivor gear. There is also clothing that negates the moral effect of being wet, thought that’s mostly warm weather stuff like tank tops and swimsuits.

• I think all vehicle energy sources are screwed up at the moment - something about the code changing from Kilowatts to Kjoules (much smaller), but some of the sources and consumers didn’t change, so the ratios are waaaay off.

• Hunger and thirst are supposed to be major challenges in the game. Depending on your cooking skill, some foods are of questionable value time-wise - but I’ve never had a problem staying ahead of it as long as I actually can find stuff to eat.

Using the “Huge Veihicles” mod should fix this issue somewhat, and if only for large deathmobiles. Looking at the mod’s json should also provide some idea as to how to tweak the values to a comfortable level.
Also, I believe electric vehicles are also more borked than gasoline and diesel engines, as there was some sort of code change, as Vastin said. Personally, I just use solar vehicles as portable welding/crafting/cooking carts. With a few minifridges, of course. The solar array helps with power production a lot.

Electric production is definitely off due to the recent energy density changes and all. I’ve reported it, and it seems there’s a pull request in queue to be merged with the main build. Not sure when it’ll be finished and committed, though.

Haven’t had any real problems with hunger nor thirst, though. Maybe because the basic statuses (Hungry/Thirsty) are tolerable, and I don’t really take action until I reach “Very” status. I find myself eating twice a day, more or less, and drinking 2-3 times. Seems normal. Higher consumption would make sense if a lot of physical exertion is taking place.

As for tool spawns, I’ve also found wrenches and welders particularly rare, compared to all the other tools. They’re quite uncommon in hardware stores, and I’ve only reliably found them in public works buildings. And it sucks because a lot of vehicle mechanical operations require bolt turning 2 (wrench) or welding. Vital activities like removing/installing/repairing major parts.

There was a time when the experimental was generally solid and brutally obvious bugs were less common but lately (past few months) it seems like things have been a bit sloppy/buggy. /shrug I’m a dev so I realize bugs happen but it seems like they’re happening more often and often times sitting longer.

Was noticing (after being away for a while) that gasoline consumption is “interesting” right now. And movement speed of vehicles seems wonky/off as well I figured it was just another element of tedium introduced to make vehicles miserable but apparently it’s just a bug - good to know!

[quote=“stk2008, post:2, topic:13069”]TBH i have never liked the speed at which you get hungry and thirsty.
Its been this way since I have been playing.[/quote]

It’s entirely normal to need to drink a 6 pack of soda or entire gallon of juice at a time.

The consumption rates are odd but as a game mechanic I think it’s ok.