Vehicle Consumption and Efficiency Problems?

These new updates make diesel engines absolutely worthless for some reason. My 9 ton truck is now incapable of going over 60 kmh, can’t break 20kmh offroad with the truck engine and guzzles diesel like crazy.
I tried switching to gasoline V12 and although the speed got better it guzzles even more fuel. Around 3-5L of gasoline to drive 50 tiles to the next car on the mall parking lot.

Gas consumption did go up quite a bit in recent experimentals but there was a bug with blazemod (the more vehicle parts one I think) that caused fuel consumption to be something like 20 times intended.

If you are using blazemod I think someone posted a fix somewhere around here, but I can’t seem to find it with a quick search. Hopefully someone else would have the link.

[quote=“Greiger, post:2, topic:13091”]Gas consumption did go up quite a bit in recent experimentals but there was a bug with blazemod (the more vehicle parts one I think) that caused fuel consumption to be something like 20 times intended.

If you are using blazemod I think someone posted a fix somewhere around here, but I can’t seem to find it with a quick search. Hopefully someone else would have the link.[/quote]

Yeah, that made it at least manageable, thank you. Too bad multiple engines still can’t cowork and as such I can’t GO FAST.

Just throwing my opinion into this. I feel the reductions in fuel economy are a little strong, even without the blazemod issue. A 60 litre tank of diesel should take me further than to the nearby lab and back. Also it seems the enginepower is a little low; I can accept that my 25ton DMB is going to be slow, even with a traction engine, but 34 mph seems a bit too slow. And offroad really needs either to have some element of offroad tires, or build because 20% of my top speed of 34 is … too annoying, to me, the player.
In pursuit of this, I know the super duper awesome devs are working on unborking multiple engine code, but are there any plans to permit a reasonably useful speed offroad for big rigs? Big tires, or specialized suspensions, maybe?

Offroad does actually have a system. I don’t remember the exacts of the formula but the amount of tire contact with the ground is the primary factor in offroad performance. So in order to increase your tank’s offroad performance you either use larger tires, more tires, or both.

The heavier the vehicle, the more tire contact area it needs to not sink into the dirt.

Well not sure how the latest works, but ram shrubbery is a key thing to keep in mind with off road. You do damage and I think it may slow you slightly per bush.

I tend to wreck my short term cars this way…that plus all the zombie parts getting stuck in the fender lol

[quote=“StahlRitter, post:4, topic:13091”]Just throwing my opinion into this. I feel the reductions in fuel economy are a little strong, even without the blazemod issue. A 60 litre tank of diesel should take me further than to the nearby lab and back. Also it seems the enginepower is a little low; I can accept that my 25ton DMB is going to be slow, even with a traction engine, but 34 mph seems a bit too slow. And offroad really needs either to have some element of offroad tires, or build because 20% of my top speed of 34 is … too annoying, to me, the player.
In pursuit of this, I know the super duper awesome devs are working on unborking multiple engine code, but are there any plans to permit a reasonably useful speed offroad for big rigs? Big tires, or specialized suspensions, maybe?[/quote]
I mean I have nothing against higher fuel usage, semitrucks guzzle around 20L per 100km. But they have to ballance it out with bigger tanks and being able to salvage more fuel if not from cars then from gas stations. I managed to get 50L out of 8 pumps and that is laughable considering the fuel storage real life gas stations usually have, and also considering how fast these litres will drain with current cdda’s fuel economy.

Can someone post the link to the fix for blazemod?

I can’t find it either and tired of trying. I’ll just set the game aside and hope when I return that these idiotic changes to the game are gone (wishful thinking but one can dream).

Blazemod bug is fixed in mainline blazemod.
The new versions shipped outside core game have the bug, but this has to be fixed from blaze’s side. Either by removing the gasoline and diesel overrides or specifying energy for them.

ftr Im using

{
“id”: “diesel”,
“type”: “AMMO”,
“copy-from”: “diesel”,
“name”: “diesel”,
“energy”: 200
},
{
“id”: “gasoline”,
“copy-from”: “gasoline”,
“name”: “gasoline”,
“energy”: 150
},
{
“type” : “AMMO”,
“id” : “battery”,
“copy-from”: “battery”,
“name” : “battery”,
“description” : “A set of universal batteries. Used to charge almost any electronic device.”,
“energy”: 6
},

200 diesel energy
150 gasoline energy
6 battery energy

And I think I will end up reducing this further.

Where do I edit that?

Anywhere in a json file.

Pop it into a mod you use or just into the json files of the base game whenever.

sorry for the newbieness … so I can just create a file called myfuelsettings.json, copy those lines into it, place the file in the data\json directory and it works?

sure. But youd be better off making a mod and keeping that around.

The mod “no_fungus”.

Remove everything but modinfo.json

make a new file with this data:

[
{
“id”: “diesel”,
“copy-from”: “diesel”,
“name”: “diesel”,
“energy”: 200
},
{
“id”: “gasoline”,
“copy-from”: “gasoline”,
“name”: “gasoline”,
“energy”: 150
},
{
“type” : “AMMO”,
“id” : “battery”,
“copy-from”: “battery”,
“name” : “battery”,
“description” : “A set of universal batteries. Used to charge almost any electronic device.”,
“energy”: 6
}
]

as its contents and save it as [name].json

The go to modinfo.json.
Change the name and id of the mod to your name.

Then put it into the data/mod folder and run it

Thanks, pisskop!

About efficiency, how can a non moving e-car with 2 functional solar panel, in sunny weather discharge itself slowly over time?

Damaged batteries leak.

I’d like to be updated on the subject. It seems like the issue dates back to the “5910-ish builds” from a couple of week ago, and I didn’t read anything that suggests this has been patched. I’m using build 5991 and I can’t tell whether I’m losing fuel because of the bug or because of my faulty gasoline engine, or even if it’s still worth putting time and effort into improving my car.

Is there a fix/workaround yet? Will people who play with the VAP mod experience higher fuel consumption rates than those who don’t? If so, is there a way to disable it without having to start a new game? Otherwise, can someone provide the most recent build that isn’t affected by this change?

Blazemod (vehicle additions pack) bundled with core game has this bug fixed.
Unless something changed, the one distributed by blaze does NOT have the bug fixed.

The bug mostly affects driving on roads. Offroading isn’t affected much.