Plane crashes

[quote=“Ferodaktyl, post:39, topic:4860”]i already thought about it. What you probably meant is 1 infected dead guy got on a plane… or commited suicide while on a plane … and singlehandedly overpowered all or some of the alive guys on the plane, causing a crash. Because err… this is not a fast acting virus.
Want planes ? Ok, generate a few airports and populate them with planes. Just don’t make them fall over here and there.[/quote]

No man, you’re totally right.

Because planes have an unlimited fuel supply, and after the apocalypse when airports and places to land became not an option, luckily they could just fly FOREVER.

Or they could just land. Like most of the planes do. As opposed to flying until out of gas and crashing :slight_smile:

yeah, i don’t think most aircraft pilots are about to land on a runway covered with flesh eating monsters.

truth is idk what i’d do myself : fly until out of fuel and try crash-land the plane or land the plane and take my chances with the zeds…

Well, if plane crashes are so improbable, why is there helicopter crashes, then? Apart from fuel, I can’t think of anything else (Anti-air systems, flying monsters, etc) that wouldn’t also allow plane crashes. Besides, wouldn’t acid rain be bad enough to bring down a plane?

oh please, for the love of the Invisible Pink Unicorn, do the smallest effort and come with 2 reasons why acid rain would not affect planes… (hints : clouds, cars, funnels, clothes)

about helicopters : it’s a gray area. Helicopters don’t just fall like apples. (well, sometimes they do, but not to the extent we have in the game). So something must have downed them. They’re military. So it is possible that their targets fought back. Maybe. Idk. Come with a plausible cause and only then see if it applies to planes. Otherwise i will push for crashed UFOs.

The plane was shot down by overeager automated defense systems? Extradimensional creatures were sucked into the engines? Zombies attacked the pilots, and nobody else knew how to land? I mean, I’m fairly ambivalent on plane crashes, but to argue against it because you find it inconceivable that planes could crash is bizarre. Planes crash on occasion for regular reasons, take those reasons and multiply them by an apocalypse. It’s really the least improbable part of the situation, I’m not entirely sure what your deal is against it.

Excellent. Add some automated defense facilities and a small plot twist. That’s all i ask.

What plot? You make your own plot.

If we don’t get an airplane crash site tile , then at least we should get an airport full of suitcases and zombiessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Or both LOL

PLOT: Every1 tried to fly out of the country. OOPS!

[quote=“Rask, post:51, topic:4860”]If we don’t get an airplane crash site tile , then at least we should get an airport full of suitcases and zombiessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Or both LOL

PLOT: Every1 tried to fly out of the country. OOPS![/quote]

That’s pretty good actually. In this kind of situation you’d have people rushing to hospitals, police stations, shelters etc trying to find somewhere to survive or get help. I’m sure many would try to make it to an airport or a harbor.

It could be interesting to have a few variables for plane crashes, too, at least in what sort of loot you’d find in the wreckage. Passenger jets, Fed-Ex style courier flights, Drug Runners, even a Nuclear Bomber with it’s payload intact but precariously open to the elements…

We have wreckages like everywhere. I really don’t think plane crashes are out of place. The more map variety the better!