PK's Rebalancing Mod

Yay updates. Can’t wait to get home and try them.

Suggestion: Update 5.5.6 should totally involve bullets.
Because it’d be punny.

A lot of the mod needs to be reviewed and updated to reflect the new coding thats come in the last 6 months.

anyone end up getting the android patch to work?

Question: Is Inflammation from this mod? I haven’t seen it anywhere else, but I’ve been getting the “Minor Inflammation” and “Lockjaw” status randomly. Lockjaw isn’t a concern, but I can’t get rid of Minor Inflammation with Blood Filter.

Pretty sure lockjaw is from the base game, with added causes from PK. And inflammation isnt something you can realistically filter, since its inherently a localized phenomenon

I’m not concerned with filtering inflammation, just saying I can’t. I do want to know how to prevent/treat it, however, and I can’t find information on the forum, reddit or wiki.

Inflammation is the result of an attack. There is no way to cure it, but you can bandage the wound or take antibodies to reduce its effects. being resistant to disease or sickness should also help

I have a Chimera with Burgeoning Presence. The extra torso penalties from it are weighing me down a lot. Will wearing XL Survivor Armor alleviate this problem, or am I going to have to force-upgrade it to Large and then Huge to be free of penalties and fit AllTheThings?

I was hoping the str and armor would outbalance that. whats the issue with your set?

I mean to say, what is your loadout, relevant mutations, and total encumbrance; and where do you want to be?

Currently, the issue is that I’m wearing multiple pieces of armor, and everything extra I wear increases the penalty. I was using a Sleeveless Survivor Trenchcoat, Dragon Skin Vest, and the Survivor Rucksack, as well as two items with no Encumbrance and a 2.5 Liter Canteen (Filled with Atomic Coffee). I plan to change these around, and wanted to know if XL Survivor Armor didn’t increase the penalty or if I’d have to test it myself.

And you have large as well as BP?

Just BP, but sometimes I’d end up with Inconveniently Large as well as BP.

Shouldnt cause discomfort XLs are made for it. But I can reduce it some. And raise the metabolism req. Its primarily supposed to get the player to melee more, so maybe I’ll add some arm encumbrance instead.

This is my usual loadout. I was planning on changing it, though. Probably to Heavy Survivor Armor, because I’ve had nothing covering my arms and its getting to be winter in my game.

Speaking of Metabolic Requirements, do you plan to change Fast Metabolism and its older brothers to reflect their current effect in game (increased intake for increased stamina)?

EDIT: I will be taking off the weapons and Wool cloak. Forgot to mention.

Updated to change more stuff.

Mutations that affect stamina are updated to reflect that new tag.
You may now dig out ‘foxholes’ that will protect you from acidic rain. Takes at least 30 minutes though. Foxholes require digging tools and a few spare strips of leather or boughs. They can be made out of shallow pits or mounds of dirt, Dirt mounds spawn randomly in the world.

Tempted to add in rain protection to all trees, but hesitant.

I want to know: Why do those dirt mounds spawn randomly around the world?

I made them to. For variety, for aiding in concealing diggers, for hiding any future minefields if I ever get around to making them, and because they add some scenery.

Same with the young and old trees. Do you not like them?

…THAT’s why there’s so many trees… I just thought I was imagining it.

Honestly, I was wondering if they were buried Landmines at first, or were concealing mining bots. I eventually found a Trapdoor Spider hidden by the many holes it dug.

Honestly, they are just part of the scenery for me when I go away from my home (I installed the mod after the early game). I’m neutral to them.

So…What are Megabears?
Do they evolve from Elephant Bears?
And is there armor any good? Because I kinda want to put it on and use it.

Also, it doesn’t seem like those Metabolism mutations were changed at all. Unless I misunderstood the point of the last update and they weren’t meant to be changed. That, or something went wrong with my update…