PK's Rebalancing Mod

Lets see,

• nerfs to:
  • squigs - they were quite powerful if encountered under less than optimal conditions.
  • shoggoths. If the extra 10 acid damage made the critters, Id just as some grant them more base hp.
  • turtle man, purple. His staff attack is less punishing for an unarmored player. not that unarmored characters without obscene dodge skill have business around them.
  • graboids. Well, this isnt a nerf, its a reimagining of them. They will attempt to grab and pull you off of any rock you are on, and confuse you with hard hitting hammering.

Changes incoming:

• a new ā€˜fieldā€™ spawn group that, you guessed it, only spawns in fields. no more bears, squirrels, tree dwellers in the fields. Or at least more rarely.

Is this mod only for non-graphical version ?

No, there is some support for graphical packs. I dont know the exact extent of them.

Police Hub, version 1

A subreddit, for the time being it doesnt really cost me anything to set up.
Except the inevitable hit to my pride, but you know ā€¦

This update adds in

• police hub, a large, close-to-city structure that gens robots and some loot.

• sludge pit, a place to get some sciency stuff

• Sky Vortex, an anomaly in the wilderness that spawns nether critters and some fairly choice items.

• nerfed squigs, shoggoth, and etc.

• NEW SPAWN CHOOSING FOR THE WILDERNESS. YoY
    The fields now have their own spawn pool to pick from, and should be emptier of critters.

• ā€˜Homebrewed Balmā€™. A healing salve that should be the answer for wilderness players early game. For 2 survival or 3 survival and 1 cook you can make this item that has an ā€¦ unreliable chance of healing infections and bites. But its easy enough to make ā€¦

I like the way this mod is going

So I posted this on Reddit as well but I figure Iā€™d ask in this thread too. Whenever I try to generate a world with this mod I get a huge list of buildings the game canā€™t generate, https://puu.sh/uWsMl/9363212408.png. Iā€™m using the latest experimental and the latest github of the mod.

Yea I get those too.

as far as I know its just a thing. Coolthulu has a fix for the nonessential errors popping up. So hopefully that helps ā€¦ I accept the world if the list isnt too long myself.

Reading up on it it seems that certain buildings have to have a specific area to spawn in properly, like I assume too much forest or not enough field tiles means something wonā€™t spawn in.

Those buildings though, dont require all that much special circumstance. and not every world gens that long list. its mapgen purposely throwing out structures. I dont make most buildings harder to place; in fact in many cases I make it easier because I dont require so many of them,

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing it up.
Also I really enjoy watching your LP of your own mod, itā€™s interesting to see a creator playing something they created and talking about stuff they implemented, like fire scaring away certain critters.

Also super quick question: does your mod make zombies default move speed faster? I feel that Iā€™m slower than them even with fleet flooted.

Not slower than them, unless you are pained or encumbered. There are varying zed speeds, and I do have 3 versions of the most basic zeds (Greenies, toughies, fatties, children). Some will be faster.

I did not change the basic zombieā€™s speed though. The coregame has seen a few nerfs to things lately. idk where it ends for coregamers.

Added a technique for heavy melee weapons. mostly hammers and such. Candlestick was buffed.

Hi, strange question, why does this not get merged with the other mods into the main(nightly) versions? Seeing the mod is already in the game to some extent. Sorry if stupid question is stupid.

Well, It was at one point part of the coregame. But then I had some disagreements with a dev or two about what could or could not go into my own mod.

Is that how it went? Wasnā€™t sure what led to your mod getting obsoleted. D:

I did that, to force people to stop using the coregame version as it fell out.

Ah. I mainly meant why it got obsoleted in the first place. :V

Internal politics.

Anywho

This should let you have heavy smashing attacks on heavy weapons. If I missed a good example for hammerblow do tell.
This also reduces the amount of robots in the police hub.

Later on I have to revise that list to make them all friendly and more coplike.

[quote=ā€œpisskop, post:919, topic:11323ā€]Internal politics.

Anywho

This should let you have heavy smashing attacks on heavy weapons. If I missed a good example for hammerblow do tell.
This also reduces the amount of robots in the police hub.

Later on I have to revise that list to make them all friendly and more coplike.[/quote]

By more coplike, do you mean dialogue or making them somehow hold fire until you wield a weapon or attack?