Phantom range throw

I have unarmed/melee lvl 9 and aikido as a style. The dodge throw really has some good range o0
I throw a zombie with an attack of mine. One tile away he stumbles around because of the stun. Suddenly he flies away one tile further because he somehow attacked me from there. (Note that i press 5 to wait till he comes in range again) So he’s stunned two tiles away from me and the dodge throw kicks in AGAIN and he flies further away. I just keep waiting and flingin6 him around with telekinesis or something.

I hope this is a feature.

Nah… This sounds like a bug when we had the new “reeling” weapons (Those weapons that throw zombies back).

POST THE SAVE

This was a blocker that Kevin couldn’t reproduce and therefore closed. We’d very much appreciate having it in reproducible form, more so if you’re using a recent experimental build.

I am using 2328 right now. I am on my phone during the week and only have mobile Internet. My computer’s unfortunately offline. I will however be able to upload on Friday when I come home. I hope that’s not too late.

Reminds me of an amusing video I saw recently about one of those kung-faux charlatans who claims to be able to knock people down with a touch/at a distance without even touching them. Apparently he had deluded himself so badly that he was offering a $5000 prize to anyone who could best him in a fight.

A MMA fighter took him up on the offer and the results were predictable yet still quite fun to watch.

[quote=“KA101, post:3, topic:7770”]POST THE SAVE

This was a blocker that Kevin couldn’t reproduce and therefore closed. We’d very much appreciate having it in reproducible form, more so if you’re using a recent experimental build.[/quote]

I was pretty sure I described the entire bug in my bug report.
Getting stunned or knocked back doesn’t clear zombie’s path, only acting while stunned does. If the stun wears off before the zombie gets to act, it won’t overwrite the move list.
It only happens very rarely (if at all?) when the zombie can see the player for the entire time, but seems rather reliable in utter darkness with slow zombies (crawling ones).

http://wikisend.com/download/320624/RangedZombie.7z

Save has a single crawling zombie attacking the player despite not being adjacent… Just mash 5/.

Thanks for the additional detail. A way to reliably reproduce the bug is critical to it getting fixed.

In my case I tested with a number of different characters with different skill levels and martial arts styles against a number of different zombies, but since I didn’t know darkness or slow zombies were components of it, it never happened. I’ll try with a crawler zombie in darkness and see if I can get it to happen.