Perhaps a few new monster tags, and feats. lots of stunning

StunVuln- easy to stun, 50 percent chance more of being stunned
Stunres- hard to stun, 50 percent chance of resisting
StunProf- can’t be stunned

Brutal- your mele attacks generally hit with alot more force behind them at teh cost of accuracy, 50% of your accuracy go’s to damage, mele damage. also prone to stun more often

Opportunist- “they say your one to kick a man whilst their down even harder because they are down” when enemys are stunned you do more damage to them and if an enemy gets stunned while remaining near you you will lash out and attack them when there defences are down.

Also small suggestion on clothing coverage- instead of a chance of the armor being bypassed like 90% perhaphs a protection value that you have to exceed with your attack to ignore it. and have types of damage bypass different armor easier… like lots of bashing and stuff would get reduced more often by cloth and softer armor but a Cough cough bout to do a bad analogy Liek a morningstar to the head would do more against say a great helm for more chances of bypass. whilst on a leather helmet it would have less chance of bypassing it cause it absorbs the blow more.

another feat - Precise, you get a +X number to ignoring armor.

Nothing to say apart from yes! I support all this.

The chance to stun should be based on the blunt damage done and maxhp pool + a constant factor that changes with the victim.

Stunproof would be quite easy. Others not so much.

Armor penetration would be far more useful for monsters than for the player. Player turns into a tank by the end of the second day, zombies turn into tanks never.

Zombies should have more resistens to damage anyway. most of them having 0 armor seems wrong. They should have at least some blunt deffense.

getting the defence of the clothes they happen to be wearing :stuck_out_tongue:

Zombies are ok, the problem is that there aren’t bigger treats for the end game, as we always discuss.

In my opinion puching z to death with childlike str where they stand is as far from realistic as it gets. so no they are not okay to me at least.

getting the deff from the tissue that surrounds theire bones.
blunt trauma shouldn t be that much of a problem for a zombie who doesn t use his brain.
breaking bones is another thing but that should be hindered by the flesh inbetween.
And just punching someone doesn t destroy the flesh unless your realy strong.
If i punch you it ll probably hurt(pain… does a z feel pain?). But unless i hit a vital part i doubt i would substatially damage your body----> it resists.
A blows power will be dimnished by your flesh alone.

Zombies have 0 armor. 0 is less than what a t-shirt offers you.
Player can easily get armor that allows shrugging off pretty much all standard zombie hits to torso and arms by the end of the second day (start of the second day if we have a console to provide light).

End game can easily start the second week of the game.

In theory, yes, but the start of the game is pretty hard already, and I have been playing for a lot of time.

I don’t think buffing them is a good idea at all. Maybe the special ones.

Well this seems to be a matter of opinion.
I think for example that its realy easy to beat up zombies even early game .
In my opinion you shouldn t realy be able to defeat much without experience and/or weapons.

Unless you’re playing on some really hard settings (low starting dexterity, fast zeds+zed NV, huge spawn rate etc.), you should be wrecking anything up to brutes by the second day. With a combat-oriented build (high dex, toe talon mutation), you should be capable of taking on a hulk or a shocker brute in the first day.
If you’re intentionally crippling yourself by taking low dex, then it should be your personal challenge, not a point to balance the game around.

I second the “zombies are precisely fine as they are” motion. One zombie really should be no threat, it’s only when you’re surrounded that they become a problem. Actually, I’d argue that spitters need a nerf; they really shouldn’t be able to annihilate my heavy power armor in 1-2 turns. Maybe an “acid resistant/immune” tag for armor.

I also agree that it kinda sucks how after a month or so there’s really no new challenges except maybe the waste sarcophagi, and that doesn’t even work if you have NPCs turned off.

[quote=“Schilcote, post:13, topic:9049”]I second the “zombies are precisely fine as they are” motion. One zombie really should be no threat, it’s only when you’re surrounded that they become a problem. Actually, I’d argue that spitters need a nerf; they really shouldn’t be able to annihilate my heavy power armor in 1-2 turns. Maybe an “acid resistant/immune” tag for armor.

I also agree that it kinda sucks how after a month or so there’s really no new challenges except maybe the waste sarcophagi, and that doesn’t even work if you have NPCs turned off.[/quote]

The problem is that horde of regular zombies is only as strong as one zombie over extended period of time. Kiting zeds is trivial, getting surrounded is something you do to yourself. Zombies aren’t fine, because no zombie is fine.

Spitters could use a nerf against items, but a buff against players. With even mediocre boots and pants, their effects are limited pretty much to damaging armor, which is pure annoyance rather than danger in most cases.

I’m not sure I agree, but I do kinda see where you’re coming from. Maybe there should be a dodge & block debuff from having more than one zombie near you at a time? At a certain point there’s not going to be anywhere to dodge to, wherever you go there’s a zombie about to smack you. And it doesn’t make sense that you can block more than one attack at a time unless you’ve got bionic Matrix-reflexes.

When testing how the tileset worked in certain buildings, I was playing with a really high skilled character. Something like 200 levels in each skill. Just to have fun I killed some zombies, and when I killed a spitter, a lot of messages saying the acid burned my feet appeared, and it crippled me. It was really weird. Did people buff spitters? I am just asking now that the topic has been brought.

Anyways, I think specialized zombies should have buffs to their abilities, not the monster itself though.

Also, sorry to derail.

I keep thinking that making the zombies evolve like it was discussed a lot before is the best approach, also the most interesting one. The blob is supposed to evolve and adapt, anyways!

Derailing again. Damn I am bad for this.

However that won t change a thing for my mid game survivor because even if i am hit by a z i will not take any dmg anyway.
And that also doesn t change the fact that punching z to death with no skills or strength whatsoever is rediculess.

perhaphs bigger kill score you have agrainst the blob the higher aggro they get and the more energy the blob has into taking you out… liek if you dont kill any zombies and kill alot of triffids zombies could just ignore you/ killing mycus, the blob kelps you

I guess that could totally work!
Like, not evolving, but actually having the blob detecting you and trying to take you out as if you were a potential treat. To the point that it throws hordes at you and the zombies “contact” through the brain blob to tell where you are, making that if one knows where you are most do!

I second what stopsignal said. If it works like that it would be totaly awesome.

I am suprised you didn t post this in the bad ideas thread.