Peeking Through The Keyhole

Hey guys got a pretty dated, but still interesting and useful idea, being able to peek through the keyhole in a wooden door, allowing a thin 1 tile strip in a straight line to be seen.

I know see-through keyholes are pretty nonexistent nowadays, but this would be useful for many things, something trying to break down your door? is it a zombear or a skeleton dog. Obvious uses for exploring houses and not opening the door to that room which is now your grave.

[quote=“Creamy Goodness, post:1, topic:6495”]I know see-through keyholes are pretty nonexistent nowadays
[/quote]

And that is why this fails. Sorry. :frowning:

Well peeking through keyholes may be out of the question, but what about those snake cameras that can be placed in the space between the door and the floor.

Wouldn’t get much useful info from it though.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:3, topic:6495”]Well peeking through keyholes may be out of the question, but what about those snake cameras that can be placed in the space between the door and the floor.

Wouldn’t get much useful info from it though.[/quote]

Or the CIA fiber-optic drill from Spycraft. Or PER_SLIME_OK and you slurp an eyestalk under the door.

Good thinking, John. :slight_smile:

Idea for a possible slime mutation that can let you seep under the door and peek through to the other side?

Much like how a camera works it would be like snail eyes

Some amount of doors have peepholes built in, so for that it’d be a matter of deciding which ones do and allowing that in a similar way to interacting with closed curtains (via an iexamine method).
Adding an endoscope to the game sounds like a cool idea too, as does a slime mutation that allows the same thing to happen.
For implementer reference, what you want is the function game::peek(x, y)

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:6, topic:6495”]Some amount of doors have peepholes built in, so for that it’d be a matter of deciding which ones do and allowing that in a similar way to interacting with closed curtains (via an iexamine method).
Adding an endoscope to the game sounds like a cool idea too, as does a slime mutation that allows the same thing to happen.
For implementer reference, what you want is the function game::peek(x, y)[/quote]

How bout in houses? not on the front door but in the doors inside?

The doors INSIDE your house have peepholes? 0_0

How about using hand- or battery-operated drills that let you put your own peepholes in not only doors, but soft walls too. It would minimally weaken a wall and allow you to peek through it. Perhaps tools with Drilling Quality? Drills would need to be loaded with bits which determine the type of materials the drill can pierce and how long the bit lasts by comparison (a harder bit would use fewer charges on a softer wall) The battery powered drill works much faster than the hand drill but makes more noise during operation. Extra-loud gas-powered construction drills would make heavy, brutal weapons in addition to their ability to drill through stone and concrete rather quickly.

The doors INSIDE your house have peepholes? 0_0[/quote]

Oh no sorry when you said “Some amount of doors have peepholes built in, so for that it’d be a matter of deciding which ones do and allowing that in a similar way to interacting with closed curtains (via an iexamine method).”

I thought your were saying peepholes should be prevalent in cataclysm and you were just asking for ideas of where you might put then

i have peepholes in my house 1 in my bedroom with i can watch my living room and one in enterance so i see who is outside