Oldies Pack

I’m currently working on a pack that puts the majority of old ranged weapons (prior to 1980) to a content pack. What are your opinions on this.
Currently in the pack are:

Tokarev TT-30, PPSh-41, SKS, Walther PPK, Beretta M71. I’m not sure about the 1911 and the AK. These guns are fairly popular and are still in production. Every major gun manufacturer has a 1911 variant.

The SKS is still in common use aswell.

Thank god it’s a mod or I would’ve yelled at ya.

Actually the Tokarev, PPSh-41 and the SKS are in the core game, I just want to move them to a mod. I get your point though. :slight_smile:

Yes please, modularization content so people can choose what cataclysm they play in is great IMO.

I know SKS is in, but I haven’t seen the torkarev or ppsh.

Plus, I thought that the SKS was a more modern one.

the AK, SKS, and 1911 should definitely stay. the others can probably go, most of them i haven’t even seen in the game.

Great idea and I commend you for the work, we should remember this is set in the future so some of the guns might be a little bit old by then. By that I just mean that 1980 is probably a good cut off point.

Regardless, the AK and 1911 should stay as they’re not going anywhere. I have a feeling there are more that fit the mod though, I can’t be of much help as to what though at the moment.

[quote=“Binky, post:8, topic:4962”]Great idea and I commend you for the work, we should remember this is set in the future so some of the guns might be a little bit old by then. By that I just mean that 1980 is probably a good cut off point.

Regardless, the AK and 1911 should stay as they’re not going anywhere. I have a feeling there are more that fit the mod though, I can’t be of much help as to what though at the moment.[/quote]

Good point.

Thanks.

And what about the FN FAL and the G3? I’m inclined to leave the M14 with the SKS in the core.

Added the Winchester Model 70 and the Weatherby Mark V plus the .300 Winchester Magnum ammo for them. Replaced the Beretta M71 with the SIG Sauer P230

From the core will be added: G3, Flintlock Rifle and Pistol.
Will add: Ball and cap revolvers.

That’s probably everything.

Yeah I can’t find anything else that stands out.
The FN FAL and G3 should probably stay, as although they’re old they were still being produced in large quantities after 1980. M14 and SKS should stay as well.

Alright then, G3 remains.

So an old ranged weapons mod?
FN FAL, G3, M14 and SKS should definitely be core. FN FAL is still in use with some countries iirc, although I’m not sure on the G3.
Definitely agree with moving the PPSh and tokarev to a mod though. Don’t think I’ve actually ever seen those ingame either.

Hm… do we have the Mosin-Nagant in already? Don’t think I’ve seen one so far.
I think that might fit well with this mod and iirc they’re still quite common and cheap in america. 5 round magazine, bolt action.
The russian army rifle prior to the AK and the SKS.
Plus, Simo Hayha used them. >.>

Yes I thought about including the Mosin too.
It would require including a new ammo too, the 7.62x54R, which should have a Taylor KO factor similar to the 7.62x51 NATO.
You convinced me. I’ll add an early Mosin-Nagant M91 and the ww2 Mosin-Nagant M44.

Yeah, the Mosin-Nagant should go in, as much as it pains me. Sisuuuuuu!!!

Alright, the pack is ready. I have to test it now and then I’ll push it to github if everything goes without problems.