Offal

You ought to be able to have multiple parts when you get a game animal.

Let’s say you kill a deer.

Free deer heart.

What would the deer heart be used for?

More food.

To give it to the elfs in cages, while our dwarves eat the best meat.

Seriously, even if this is a good idea, i think it’s very descriptive and, in a way, kind of useless.

If someone wants to make a more in-depth system of what parts you retrieve by butchery and at least a few things to do with the parts, I’d be totally fine with it.
Alternately if someone feels like adding parts one at a time along with uses for various things, that works too.
Just adding different bits that boil down to being “special meat” doesn’t seem particularly worthwhile.

In a black sacrament to our dark lord, of course.

But yeah, as cool as I think it’d be it does seem a little bit useless. Then again, if there’s stuff you can do with specific pieces of animal that I don’t know about I’m all for it.

Anyone who knows what can be done with animal parts?

I think this is an offal idea!

runs for the hills

Anyone who knows what can be done with animal parts?[/quote]

Oh… scratch your back?

Making some kind of weapon?

Using the bear claws to attack?

The skull as a helmet- OH WAIT I’D LOVE THAT SO MUCH

You may want to gut a corpse just to bring its weights down, in case you want to haul it around for whatever reason.
Splotch. Pile o’ guts.

[/sense][fun]
Tape a gutted deer to the front of your car for maximum splatty carnage! HAAAA! HAAAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Use animal guts to cook up some sausages, aww yeah.

Glands from giant black widow mandibles and other venomous creature appendages. Rattlesnake venom glands. Also, it seems like tripe should be something you can prepare. It’s probably not very enjoyable for picky people but people with Gourmand would enjoy it. Need to add some pate and stuff like that to the pantries in Mansions. Perhaps some mutant creatures could have an egg sac that can be prepared into caviar with salt. Someone already mentioned sausage. Animal bladders can be made into storage containers and a treated intestine or other fleshy tube could be used to siphon fuel into a container for those whom have trouble finding rubber hose.

This is exactly the sort of thing I meant to type when I started this thread after waking up covered in what I hope to god was deer blood.

Yes! Gourmand traits, and homemade sausage. Thymus, pancreas, sweetbreads.

Wine-bladders and such.

gutting to reduce carcass weight would make a lot of sense if butcher time was increased, gut it in the feild before dragging it back to base to clean properly. you could then harvest a specific item you are looking for from the carcass (or pile of… guts… if you wanted to…)
that way you can harvest the skull, or just the meat, whatever… or just lop off a trophy to mount on the wall perhaps.
keeps item spam down, but opens options, also works with piles-o-junk
Zombear Head +10 pride

Maybe a Trophy Hunter trait like Stylish that confers a morale bonus when you wear mutated animal / undead / killer robot trophy items? Eyebot helmet anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Slax, post:10, topic:6506”]You may want to gut a corpse just to bring its weights down, in case you want to haul it around for whatever reason.
Splotch. Pile o’ guts.[/quote]

[quote=“Cat09, post:14, topic:6506”]gutting to reduce carcass weight would make a lot of sense if butcher time was increased, gut it in the feild before dragging it back to base to clean properly. you could then harvest a specific item you are looking for from the carcass (or pile of… guts… if you wanted to…)
that way you can harvest the skull, or just the meat, whatever… or just lop off a trophy to mount on the wall perhaps.
keeps item spam down, but opens options, also works with piles-o-junk[/quote]
Field dressing is going in for sure.

I like that idea a lot!

The ability to take skulls or some kind of trophies from big nasty enemies would be nice. Jabberwocks, hulks and the like.

Assuming offal would replace some of the current butcher yields instead of just add to it, and (for the most part) is also difficult to cook and store, for the sake of some minor balance I’d be ok with it.

A Trophy Collector trait would be nice. Run around with an ear necklace until you take down bigger pray. One day, only the finest jade spinal threads of Jabberwocks will suffice to quench your need for nostalgic remembrance.